Strategic Growth Manager - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Strategic Growth Manager
- Job Location
- New York
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Strategic Growth Manager (Business Development)
We are looking for a fast-learning, hands-on Strategic Growth Manager to join Adyen’s Strategic Growth Team, a dynamic global team within our Account Management function. The goal of the team is to contribute to Adyen's long-term growth. In this role, you are part of the commercial team that is responsible for increasing the share-of-wallet of existing merchants by scoping, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals.
As Strategic Growth Manager, you are uniquely positioned within Adyen, working closely together with global teams ranging from Account Management to Product and Senior Leadership. Early in 2022, this team was launched from our HQ based in Amsterdam. After working with Account Management globally, we have seen huge growth opportunities in North America. You will be located in New York, working closely to unlock this potential and grow our Share of Wallet with our North American merchants and/or on North American opportunities for non-NA merchants. For your onboarding, you will spend time in Amsterdam with the team.
If you have a strong background in payments, business development, proven strategic skills, and like working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, then we are looking for you!
What you’ll work on
- Accelerate Adyen’s growth within our existing merchants: Opportunities include expanding to additional regions, adding new channels, or Adyen’s services.
- (Re)negotiations: Working closely with Account Managers during pricing negotiations initiated either by Adyen or our merchant. This requires determining the right long-term pricing strategy for both Adyen and the merchant.
- Strategic projects: Work on impactful and global projects that contribute to the long-term Adyen commercial strategy. This requires you to use your strong analytical and strategic thinking resulting in recommendations for senior management and commercial teams.
Who you are
- 5-8 years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development role in payments (please note: Applicants with a non-payment and non-commercial background will not be considered during the screening)
- Extensive knowledge of the U.S. domestic and global payments industry
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and conduct commercial meetings and manage a sales process from start to finish
- Proven success in building and maintaining long-term commercial relationships
- Experience in negotiating with customers or third-party providers
- A hunger to win new business, you like to “Always Be Closing”
- You are someone who can work autonomously while also enjoying teamwork and sharpening each other's ideas
- The ability to quickly identify, prioritize, and execute on opportunities and tasks
- Not afraid of challenging the status quo
- You like solving complex problems, and go to great depths to understand the underlying dynamics. See something broken? You will fix it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Canada Goose, Frank & Oak, and eBay.
The salary range for this role is $150,000-$200,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in New York.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds