Strategic Growth Lead, Eastern US - ViaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Strategic Growth Lead, Eastern US
- Job Location
- New York City; Washington, DC; Charlotte; Atlanta; Boston
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
As a Strategic Growth Lead at Via, you’ll take a hands-on approach toward building an inclusive, sustainable, and tech-enabled framework for mobility, leading regional Sales efforts across both public and private sectors. Our technology powers a robust array of mobility solutions, from autonomous vehicles to on-demand paratransit; in this role, you’ll work creatively and entrepreneurially to identify opportunities and generate new business in your own market.
What You'll Do
- Work proactively to identify new and prospective partners in your territory: you’ll build meaningful and durable revenue-generating relationships with key stakeholders from a variety of verticals, including various government agencies. You’ll lead execution and strategy for full-cycle Sales efforts across your territory, working to make transit better for your community and your region’s communities. This is a quota-carrying role.
- Strategically navigate your market’s unique buying landscape; you’ll research, roadmap, and use your strong analytical skills to build compelling, data-driven business cases for our platform.
- Act as a thought partner to prospective clients; you’ll educate, consult, and work strategically to develop regional transit plans and find funding mechanisms within your market.
- Champion our mission and technology, acting as the “face of Via” in your region by leading local marketing campaigns, speaking at conferences, and providing consistent thought leadership in the mobility space.
- Establish revenue-generating partnerships with a diverse group of prospective clients, from elected officials to private-sector business leaders, and demonstrate our value proposition across a range of verticals.
- Lead category and industry mapping for your region to understand relevant market, product, and pricing trends, and turning key insights into actionable recommendations for growth strategy.
Who You Are
- An intuitive communicator and natural relationship-builder; you have a record of achievement in the Sales, Business Development, or Consulting space, and enjoy leading growth-focused initiatives. You have 8+ years of experience in a client-facing role, preferably in a startup or consulting environment.
- Creative and entrepreneurial: you live at the intersection of possibility and reality, and you’re driven to meet and exceed your goals.
- An educator, collaborator, and thought partner: you enjoy consultative sales processes, and know how to use data to build a compelling narrative.
- A skilled and methodical researcher: you’re attracted to complex problems, and you’re not afraid to jump into new environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate persuasively.
- Superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgement -- you know when to push and when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal.
- A reliable, motivated self-starter with a passionate growth mentality. You enjoy fast-paced environments, aren’t deterred by setbacks or pivots, and thrive in roles requiring a very high degree of responsibility.
- An excellent team player; you’re a meaningful individual contributor, and a mentor to others on your team. You view successes as team efforts, and enjoy working with others.
- You’ve earned a four-year Bachelor’s Degree, and approach new challenges with intellectual curiosity.
What Catches Our Eye
- Experience at a fast-growing startup
- Intellectual curiosity -- you're passionate about innovation, public policy, and our mission
- Prior experience in the mobility vertical, or working with government agencies
Compensation and Benefits
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $125,000-$165,000
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Via Headquarters Location
San Jose, CA
Via Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Via Founded Year
Via Total Amount Raised
Via Funding RoundsView funding details