Strategic Finance Manager - Sales & Marketing - InstacartView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Strategic Finance Manager - Sales & Marketing
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a Manager to join Strategic Finance and lead Sales & Marketing (S&M) business partnership. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team at the ground level and drive analyses for some of the most critical and dynamic initiatives we are undertaking at Instacart.
As a key member of the Strategic Finance team, you will build relationships with multiple stakeholders across the business while you partner to solve complex business problems. As a Manager, you have both strong attention to detail and the ability to consider the big picture to drive strategic investment recommendations.
The right candidate will be a self-starter and team player, a clear and confident communicator with a positive attitude, exceptional analytical capabilities and a track record for driving impact in a rapidly changing environment with high-level guidance. This role will report into the Senior Manager overseeing both S&M and General and Administrative functions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with S&M leadership (including C-level leaders) as the “CFO in the room”, acting as an internal advisor on all financial matters
- Drive budgeting and forecasting processes, strategic financial decision making and initiative prioritization
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial reviews, developing a thorough understanding of variance analysis, key risks and opportunities
- Translate data/trends into actionable insights while driving operational excellence
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual and long range planning cycles
- Assist with ad-hoc strategic and operational projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 6-8 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Experience in Strategic Finance, investment banking, or management consulting at a fast-paced, high-growth technology company preferred
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders and drive cross-functional alignment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to put together clear, compelling narratives for consumption by leadership while being personable
- Exceptional financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, developing frameworks, providing recommendations and executing action plans
- Knowledgeable of sales compensation, travel & entertainment, partnerships and corporate strategy a plus
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with SQL and Adaptive preferred
#LI-RemoteAll other states$142,000—$158,000 USDOR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI$157,000—$174,000 USDWA$164,000—$182,000 USD
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.CA, NY, CT, NJ$171,000—$190,000 USD
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Instacart Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Instacart Company Size
Between 5,000 - 20,000 employees
Instacart Founded Year
Instacart Total Amount Raised
Instacart Funding RoundsView funding details