Staff Solution Architect - RivianView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Solution Architect
- Job Location
- Serbia, Belgrade
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Applicants should have strong core coding skills and some additional technical skills and a proven track record with.
Be a Software and solutions engineer at heart. This role requires EXCELLENT Software development and coding skills, broad technical knowledge, great communication skills, and strategic thinking.
Strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders, including business, product owners, and DW technical team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem-solving; excels at breaking down large problems into multi-step plans in an Agile development environment
Experienced with modern development patterns and platforms (Microservices, Web Services (REST), Containers, Cloud Native); Experienced leader who brings a strategic mindset and who can build realistic strategic roadmaps, Passionate about technology with a very high technical aptitude
- Help digital workplace leaders and Product owners to drive large and complex solution initiatives across Rivian Digital workplace business function.
- Identify opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting concerns for broader and more complex functionality within the Rivian Digital workplace business function
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across other divisional of IT such as Platforms Engineering & Cloud Engineering teams to drive standard architecture and best practices.
- Scanning the technology market landscape to assess fit and follows through with Innovation PoC and onboarding of pertinent solutions
- Following our Company's IT Risk Management and Security (RMS) processes and in partnership with other stakeholders in the organization.
- Possesses broad technology knowledge (AWS and Azure cloud, enterprise applications, microservices, data analytics, networking, data storage systems, APIs, large-scale systems)
- Help DW technical lead to drive buy vs build evaluations, including consideration of Open-Source Software
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on developing, shipping, or running production systems and/or cloud application software, including complex production systems that run on a public cloud, AWS preferred.
- Must Experience with Jenkins, Azure Logic app, Microsoft RPA, or another automation workflow engine.
- At least one or two years of experience with Kubernetes, GitHub, Docker Swarm, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies are
- required. Should have experience creating deployment artifacts using the same.
- Substantial experience with requirements analysis, estimation, systems, and application design, and testing
- ExpeServerless AWS Server-less computing, Lambda Experience. Must have
- Knowledge of Microservice Driven Design, API Driven Design, Domain Driven Design, Event-Driven, API First development - Must have Experience with modern API patterns and how to build well-designed APIs, REST APIs, microservices, MuleSoft, cloud-native architectures, a plus
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD and configuration management technologies such as Jenkins, Chef/Ansible, Azure DevOps, Azure CLI, PowerShell
- Deep understanding of standards like OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, Multi-Fact, or Authentication, SSO and related application security standards.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
- In-depth technLinux-baseddge of window /Linux based operating systems
- Experience with MS SQL server and PostgreSQL databases. Strong SQL knowledge required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.
Rivian Headquarters Location
Rivian Company Size
Between 10,000 - 20,000 employees
Rivian Founded Year
Rivian Total Amount Raised
Rivian Funding RoundsView funding details