Staff Software Engineer - VenafiView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote, United Kingdom
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
There are 2 actors on a network, people and machines. Just as usernames and passwords are used by people to access machines, machine identities are used by machines to identify and access each other. Venafi is the inventor of the technology that manages and protects machine identities, the most important security initiative in our Global 5000 customers. We are Warriors!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact and protecting the world from cybercriminals? If so, you may be a natural Venafi Warrior!
How you’ll be protecting the world:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Venafi, you will be part of an extremely motivated, dedicated, and experienced team that protects many of the largest organizations in the world. We are looking for self-starting, fast learners with ideas to join our team and make an impact.
In this role, you will:
- Innovate, design, implement, maintain, and evolve Venafi cloud-native offerings and open-source solutions such as cert-manager.
- Collaborate within an industry-leading engineering team to develop, manage, and execute the overall project plan and timelines for key deliverables.
- Lead the design of systems and backend application code (mainly Go microservices).
- Interact with the broader open-source community.
- Write unit, integration and functional tests as needed to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly and specification is met.
The ideal Venafi Warrior will be armed with:
- 6-8 years of relevant experience; B.S (CS, CSE, or equivalent skills & knowledgge) and 4-6 years experience; M.S/Ph.D (CS, CSE, or equivalent skills & knowledgge and 2-4 years experience
- Proficient with Go, Kubernetes integrations & extensions and cloud-native technologies.
- Experience writing unit, integration and functional tests.
- Ability to write clean, consistent, and well-documented code following best practices of the industry and Venafi.
- Strong expertise in constructing and maintaining build and test automation pipelines.
- A keen eye for securely written, performant and scalable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to change development context based on team and customer priorities.
What sets you apart?
- Demonstrated ability to guide and inspire a team of engineers, driving collaboration and fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
- The skill to clearly articulate problems and solutions to those not familiar with the subject matter.
- Background with security companies and/or security-related software.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Seeking out coaching and mentoring opportunities for yourself and others.
While you are busy protecting the world, we’ve got you covered!
In addition to fostering a virtual first collaborative environment, Venafi offers a benefit package that is in the top 10%. We provide access to private medical and dental insurance for both team members and their families. We offer four weeks of PTO (Paid Time Off), eight holidays, as well as a floating holiday and four “pick your own community service” days. We also offer a pensions scheme with company contributions, 4x salary employer paid life insurance and parental leave.
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed leader in Machine Identity Management. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects machine identities. The Venafi platform provides visibility, intelligence, and automation for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile, cloud native, Kubernetes, and SSH machine identity types. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing managing machine identities—organizations are just now realizing that managing and protecting machine identities is as important as managing usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged machine identities in their cyberattacks. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use machine identities.
Come help us protect the world!
Venafi Headquarters Location
Salt Lake City, UT
Venafi Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Venafi Founded Year
Venafi Total Amount Raised
Venafi Funding RoundsView funding details