Staff Software Engineer - Platforms - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Software Engineer - Platforms
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals from different cultures that help each other do remarkable things every day and across time zones. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Ebay, Etsy, Uber, Netflix, GoFundMe and Spotify.
Next to our payments offering Adyen is also building an entire suite of embedded financial services for platforms such as marketplaces, SaaS platforms, on-demand platforms or crowdfunding platforms. Our Chicago engineering hub is focusing on that!
We give platforms the ability to manage their global payments ecosystem in one place through API integrations or by using our hosted onboarding solution. They can run onboarding, verification and compliance processes for various markets, process payments and trigger faster payouts and bank transfers in all preferred currencies.
We are looking for Staff Software Engineers who have high availability, resilience, and security in mind while creating state-of-the-art solutions to join us on this journey.
What you’ll do
- Lead complex technical projects from requirements analysis through design, implementation, testing and launch into production
- Be hands on and contribute to the implementation, but at the same time offer technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable
- Bring your own point of view on best engineering practices
- Your code will be used at scale and you are expected to think in that mindset when building features.
- We launch fast and iterate often. Concretely, this means that within your first few weeks, you will bring live functionalities that impact many merchants and shoppers.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to get projects over the finish line
Who you are
- Familiar with complex large scale distributed systems
- You are flexible, a team player, someone with an eye for detail.
- Experienced in leading technical projects in a fast paced environment
- Currently working at Staff Engineer or similar level
- You have great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in front of different stakeholders
- Required technical qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of building Java based web services (RESTful, SOAP)
- Experienced in designing performant database models in PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Knowledgeable of various software architecture paradigms such as event-driven or message queueing systems
- Open to some domestic and international travel
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Adyen is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds