Staff Software Engineer - Data Platform - Abnormal SecurityView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Software Engineer - Data Platform
- Job Location
- Remote - USA
- Job Description
Abnormal Security’s Data Platform engineering team powers data-intensive online, batch and analytical workflows across every corner of the business. We are looking for a staff-level engineer to take on technical leadership of this rapidly growing team.
With the accelerating growth of our business, our data architecture needs to scale and evolve while we simultaneously fortify data security & privacy, and enable even more use cases to be built on top of a first-class data platform. As Abnormal multiplies its headcount many times over, we need to empower more engineering, data science, machine learning, and analytics teams to be productive on our platform. We need to do this while expanding to multiple cloud regions and continents.
Who you are:
- As an engineering leader on the data platform team, you will be key to ensuring our engineering organization is effective at understanding and stopping cyber attacks.
- You have experience building high volume data infrastructure, recognize that secure, reliable and easy data access is critical for an organization and bring a passion for continuously driving the scalability and reliability of our data infrastructure.
- With strong communication and collaboration skills, you adeptly work with partners to synthesis requirements into roadmaps and delivery on key company priorities.
- As a senior member of the team, you are capable of mentoring and leveling up other engineers around, helping set, teach and hold standards for the team as a whole.
What you’ll do:
- Own the vision, multi-year roadmap and delivery of technical solutions across the Data Platform teams including online, batch and core analytics.
- Deliver next-generation scalable data infrastructure that scales to 10-20x current capacity with support for multiple international data centers and automated management. You will design a simplified data architecture with clear data access layers, separation of responsibilities, high availability, and transparent auth/auditing.
- Mentor and uplevel engineers to build the next generation of leaders on the team.
- Collaborate closely with many key engineering teams:
- Backend platform teams that build microservices around our data.
- Product engineering teams that constantly provide data & metrics to our customers.
- ML Infrastructure teams that build our core data pipelines.
- ML and Data Science teams who accelerate the efficacy of our cloud security product and detection systems.
Experience you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in engineering roles, preferably building data intensive systems or products.
- 3+ years working with high volume real time, batch or streaming data infrastructure and data processing systems.
More About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks. Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
Our company is growing - we’re on the Forbes AI 50, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Abnormal Security Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Abnormal Security Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Abnormal Security Founded Year
Abnormal Security Total Amount Raised
Abnormal Security Funding RoundsView funding details