Staff Software Engineer - Container Group - SnykView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Software Engineer - Container Group
- Job Location
- Cluj, Romania (Remote)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for empathetic, skilled, and practical Staff Software engineers to help us shape and build the next generation of our Container security product.
The work ahead of us is significant and exciting. Our Container group was established three years ago, and we’ve built a product with a large audience. Now we need to thoughtfully balance between improving our operational efficiency and building for the future. Key efforts focus around polishing our usage pipeline and sharpening and deepening our data and analysis. We are the relationship backbone of Snyk’s vision for holistic customer analysis.
Your role is to level us up. You will help take the talented team we have, working in Europe and Israel, and model and expand our modern best practices. You bring significant knowledge in distributed systems, DevOps, security, and Docker, and you can quickly learn the rest. You collaborate to deliver incremental solutions that are both grounded in present needs and filled with optionality. You communicate clearly, empathetically, and compellingly. You grow excellence around you.
We are passionate about enabling the future. We believe that Snyk’s DevOps approach to security is a best practice for developers, yielding best results for their customers. Join us!
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Collaborating with your cross-functional team, across the organization, and with customers and partners to prioritize, plan, and deliver business value and strategic opportunities
- Coding in Go and TypeScript, deploying in a CI/CD workflow, and configuring related infrastructure for the services we maintain
- Observing, analyzing and improving the performance, reliability, and usability of our product and the way we imagine and deliver it
- Experimenting, designing, architecting, coaching, advocating, and facilitating to explore and expand the possibilities of our technology and organization
- Taking part in our on-call rotation to maintain and support our production services (for one week of approximately every six to ten weeks)
What You'll Need:
- Love working in a empowered, distributed environment that respects the team, our customers, and our partners
- Believe in the power of DevSecOps and automated quality to enable game-changing possibilities for ourselves and our customers
- Make good engineering decisions in an incomplete business context of cost, value, risk, and opportunity
- Model high quality code, API design, automation, and cloud-native distributed architecture
- Work collaboratively, communicate proactively, take a team-first mind-set, and skillfully give and receive difficult feedback when necessary
- Enjoy leading projects, while giving a safe space to others for ownership, intelligent mistakes, and growth
- Mentor, coach, and constantly learn
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have experience with cloud-native development
- Have experience with Docker internals
- Have experience with Kubernetes API
- Have experience with DevOps, DevSecOps, Lean, and automated quality at speed
- Have experience with Go
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Snyk Headquarters Location
Snyk Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Snyk Founded Year
Snyk Total Amount Raised
Snyk Funding RoundsView funding details