Staff Site Reliability Engineer - AetionView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Site Reliability Engineer
- Job Location
- New York City
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are a recipients of a number of prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’s 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage w/ multiple plan options including an HSA plan with annual Aetion contributions and covered premium costs.
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
Why join Aetion’s tech team?
- You’ll collaborate with other engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technology/product vision
- You’ll have the opportunity to coach and mentor colleagues, including code reviews, higher-level software design, and direct management
- The team works on a technical stack which includes both cloud and on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion and analytics, distributed systems and algorithmic complexity.
- Looking for more insight into our culture? Check out our LinkedIn Life page here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aetion-inc-/life/lifeataetion
As Staff Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a critical and senior member of Aetion’s engineering organization. As Aetion’s products continue to scale, we are writing the next chapter in our ability to innovate and operate with efficiency and maturity. As a member of the SRE Team, you will own Aetion’s infrastructure which is cloud-based, containerized, and managed through Infrastructure as Code (IaC). You will split your time between engineering projects (maturing our infrastructure and automation) and supporting day to day operations (such as provisioning infrastructure and providing production support). The team has great things in place but also has strong ambitions about what else we want to achieve.
- Building and maintaining Aetion’s infrastructure with an eye toward simplicity, innovation, automation, reliability, scalability, security, cost effectiveness, and ease of support.
- Building and maintaining Aetion’s development and deployment pipelines, supporting CI/CD and long-term-stable testing and release cycles.
- Performing delivery and production support tasks, continually streamlining automation and processes to improve our maturity and efficiency.
- Providing technical leadership on projects.
- 7+ years experience in Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or Software Engineering roles.
- 4+ years experience developing in Golang, Python, or other programming languages.
- 2+ years experience in IaC tools and languages such as Pulumi, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, or Packer.
- 2+ years experience with cloud providers (preferably AWS).
- Proficiency in building and debugging applications written in Java, Typescript, and Python.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate well, design for repeatability and scalability, exude ownership, and dig beneath the hood with technology.
- Ability to take a lead role in complex engineering projects.
- Exposure to distributed systems and CI/CD (Jenkins).
- Experience with containerized workloads (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with Computer Networking.
- Experience with provisioning of NoSQL databases, big data platforms, and relational databases.
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. The salary range for this position is between $175,000 and $230,000. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Aetion Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Aetion Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Aetion Founded Year
Aetion Total Amount Raised
Aetion Funding RoundsView funding details