Staff Query Engineer, Atlas Search - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Query Engineer, Atlas Search
- Job Location
- San Francisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Join the Atlas Search Query team to design and develop the next generation of Search query architecture, optimization and execution.
Atlas Search is a growing cloud service that allows users to execute complex search queries using the MongoDB Query Language. Our users are free to focus on relevance and data retrieval instead of the machinery needed to search data at scale.
Our team is building a cloud-based distributed system responsible for the core components of search including: data ingestion, performance, query language, query execution, and aggregation. Our product is being adopted quickly and there are many interesting projects. This is a visible leadership role where you will be responsible for the technical success of our Search Query interface.
This role is based in our San Francisco office
Ideally you will be:
- 8+ years experience in data management systems, specifically with a strong background in query processing and optimization. A Master's or Ph.D degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Professionally experienced with designing high volume query engines, such as a database or search system.
- Eager to shape the technological direction of a complex system and have the ability to lead this initiative through collaboration with others
- Experienced in development and maintenance of stateful distributed systems, or search platforms
- Proficient in modern programming languages and techniques
You would get to:
- Build and design our integrated search platform, written in Java
- Lead complex projects spanning search services and MongoDB ecosystem
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features related to query performance and robustness, query language enhancements and diagnostics for query performance problems
- Perform code reviews with peers and make recommendations on how to improve our code and software development processes
- Set initiative level strategy, architect plan and lead team towards successful execution
- Collaborate with other teams including database, cloud services, enterprise tools, drivers and support
- Influence and grow team members through active mentoring, coaching and leading by example
- In 1 month, you will be mostly learning - becoming familiar with our teams, systems and architecture
- In 3 months, you'll contribute to the improvement of our search engine service
- In 6 months, you'll be designing the next generation architecture and roadmap for search query optimization and execution within the MongoDB ecosystem
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details