Staff Product Security Engineer - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Product Security Engineer
- Job Location
- New York City, Remote North America
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Who You Are
With a strong engineering background, you’re looking for a role that gives you the freedom to help define and implement a modern security engineering function. You’re passionate about building a program that puts a heavy emphasis on customer and engineer experience. You enjoy partnering with different teams to find and implement pragmatic solutions.
Who We Are
The MongoDB Atlas Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to provide services at global scale. The team is responsible for several products including MongoDB Atlas Cloud, Ops Manager, and the Kubernetes Operator.
The MongoDB Atlas Security Team helps the engineers design, implement, and operate systems in a manner that protects customer data. It is a multidisciplinary team that covers product, software, cloud, infrastructure, and operational security concerns. The team is working to:
- Build a developer driven security program where there is tight integration with engineering artifacts, process, and tooling
- Use software architecture and coding patterns to reduce the impact of security issues
- Be security subject matter experts for our tech stack and products
- You will take ownership, define strategy, and drive improvement for parts of our program such as fuzzing, threat modeling, secrets management, or container security
- Advocate for and lead complex security projects from inception through completion
- Drive architecture, patterns, and processes across cloud engineering that make security the easiest path
- Partner closely with engineering teams to design and implement security controls across our software and systems
- Research and POC new attacks against our systems. Plan and perform product security assessments including architecture review threat modeling, code review, pen testing and general security consulting to proactively build security controls
- Serve as a security subject matter expert for software security and architecture
- Partner with cloud detection and response to create new capabilities or respond to security events
- Educate the engineering org on security through CTFs, lunch-and-learns, and one-on-one conversations
- Deep subject matter expertise in application security or experience across a number of additional security specialties such as detection response or cloud security.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and fix security issues through manual code review, application penetration testing, or red teaming
- Scripting experience and ability to contribute code back to our environments
- Comfortable leading threat modeling and being a security ambassador to other engineering teams
- Communicate complex technical issues in a simple manner that builds trust with a variety of audiences
- A strong sense of ownership and delivery
- Can facilitate a conversation rather than dominate it.
- Skilled at providing courteous actionable feedback, not just a list of flaws
Nice to Haves
- Docker and Kubernetes operation and security
- Working knowledge of one or more major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience with large scale environments
Success in this role means
- Taking ownership of one or more security programs such as appsec, cloud, or detect/response
- Seeing projects through from conception to completion in order to deliver new services or capabilities for the team
- Partnering with and collaborating with other engineering teams
- Establishing yourself as a go-to person for discussing security topics
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in North America.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details