Staff Product Manager - PlumeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Product Manager
- Job Location
- Palo Alto, CA
- Job Description
Life at Plume
At Plume, we believe that technology isn't about moving faster, it's about making life’s moments better. Which is why we’ve built the world's first, and only, open and hardware-independent service delivery platform for smart homes, small businesses, enterprises, and beyond. Our SaaS platform uses WiFi, advanced AI, and machine learning to create the future of connected spaces—and human experiences—at massive scale.
We now deliver services to over 50 million locations globally and have managed over 2.5 billion devices on our platform. We’re expanding rapidly, pioneering a new category, and we achieved our Series F funding in just four years. Our customers include many of the world's largest Communications Service Providers (CSPs) who look to Plume to help them evolve their smart home offerings while gleaning insights from their own data.
With a bias for action and a love for being trailblazers, the team at Plume embodies a combination of relentless curiosity and imaginative innovation. We challenge ourselves to think in ways that other companies don't, work to do what should be done (rather than what can), and if we can’t do it exceptionally well, we don’t do it. It’s how we've assembled a team of world-class builders, thinkers, and doers. And it’s how we’re reinventing what’s possible every day.
We’re looking for a talented and innovative Technical Product Manager, a leader by nature, and passionate about building the most innovative products for the leading SaaS platform for CSPs.
Plume Design Inc. is the world’s first SaaS experience platform for Communications Service Providers (CSP). Plume is a leader in next-gen smart home tech. Our 360° platform helps Providers deploy best-in-class WiFi experiences with breakthrough efficiency. As the only open and hardware-independent solution, Plume enables the rapid delivery of new services for connected homes, multi-family houses, small business, and beyond at massive scale. For residential subscribers, Plume delivers self-optimizing WiFi, cyber-security, access controls, and more. For small businesses, our purpose-built suite of smart services turns small business networks into fully connected, business intelligence platforms. And for Service Providers, they get robust back-end applications for unprecedented visibility and support.
The Staff Product Manager will own the Workpass product line; a platform built for SMBs to turn their network into an intelligence platform. With services like link, concierge, and shield, Workpass gives small business owners added reliability, protection and control.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and manage activities for products from product definition and planning through production and release.
- Build the technical product roadmap.
- Be the centralized resource that defines, designs, and tests the product(s) as they move from production to distribution.
- Work alongside cross-functional teams to understand customer requirements and translate them into technical product requirements.
- Assess timelines, review technical specifications, and participate in security, scalability and infrastructure activities.
- Ensure that the product is thoroughly tested and meets quality standards.
- Monitor product’s performance post-launch, including gathering feedback and proposing necessary adjustments.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to plan and prioritize feature implementation.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or other related field.
- 8+ years of experience in the tech industry related to product management.
- Experience working with SMBs
- Must have a technology background.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, with the ability to develop and execute on product plans.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and metrics to make informed decisions.
Total Compensation package would include: anticipated base salary range of $175,000 to $210,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Benefits include: a 401k plan and a company match, basic life insurance plus unparalleled health, dental, vision and other benefits and perks. Please see here for more details.
An employee’s base salary and its position within the range may depend on a number of factors including job related knowledge, education, skills, experience and other business related considerations. Published ranges are provided in good faith at the time of posting.
As the creator of the only open, hardware-independent, cloud-controlled experience platform for CSPs and their subscribers, Plume partners with over 350 CSP customers, including some of the world’s largest such as Comcast, Charter, Liberty Global, and J:COM.
Using OpenSync, the most widely supported open-source, silicon-to-cloud framework for smart spaces, Plume’s software-defined network allows CSPs to decouple their service offerings from hardware and rapidly curate and deliver new services over a multi-vendor, open-platform architecture.
Backed by investors such as Insight Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Plume is now valued at $2.6B, having added over $500M in funding in 2021 alone.
Plume is an equal opportunity workplace that maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related individual conditions, medical conditions (as defined by state law), military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Plume Headquarters Location
Plume Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Plume Founded Year
Plume Total Amount Raised
Plume Funding RoundsView funding details