Staff Product Designer - GHOSTView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Product Designer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ghost is a private, b2b marketplace that helps scale distribution for the best brands in the world. Ghost works with leading brands in streetwear, apparel, footwear, beauty, and home to find alternative distribution channels for surplus inventory. By providing transparency, data, and a network of vetted buyers, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for sellers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle. Backed by top VC funds (Cathay, USV, Equal, Eniac), Ghost is one of the fastest growing startups in LA.
As a Lead Product Designer at Ghost, you will contribute to a range of products that underlie Ghost's ability to connect the world's foremost brands and products with vetted buyers in fashion, beauty, footwear, home goods, and more. You will join a growing team of product designers who are dedicated to prioritizing our customers while striking a balance between business and user objectives to deliver best-in-class marketplace experiences as we continue to grow. We firmly believe that exceptional design work integrates clear communication, research, strategy, and execution, with a bias toward action, always delivering timely and thoughtful solutions.
- Lead design workstreams in close collaboration with your product and engineering colleagues to define, test, and refine the user experience in alignment with customer and business objectives.
- Advocate for the end-to-end product development process, encompassing planning, research, concept development, concept testing, and final design.
- Employ your comprehensive product design toolkit to deliver solutions on par with renowned marketplace brands.
- Influence and manage expectations from a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Evaluate and iterate on each release to optimize for key success metrics.
- Setting the standard for exceptional product design leadership as our team continues to expand.
- 8+ years of experience in transforming complex problems into engaging design solutions.
- A strategic thinker comfortable with operating in ambiguous situations and capable of bringing clarity to your team.
- Proficiency across the product design process, including user research, concept development, concept validation, detailed design, and design systems.
- Experience in designing products for all aspects of a marketplace, including supply, demand, and admin interfaces.
- A strong grasp of design best practices and extensive experience working closely with product management and engineering.
- A background in marketplaces and/or e-commerce.
What you will love:
- We believe if we aren’t first, we’re last! We need to be the best at what we do. We must set the highest standards in our winner-take-all market. We fight for every dollar and never settle. We are all owners, hustlers, and streetfighters - working together to achieve a unified goal.
- Anything we can do tomorrow, we can do today. We drive a culture of high velocity, leaving no room for analysis paralysis. We promote efficiency and progress in every step we take. If it will help the business, just do it. It’s better to get a speeding ticket than a parking ticket.
- We are a customer-obsessed company and believe in making it magical: Our members are at the center of our universe. We continuously strive to create experiences that are 10x better at every touchpoint. We anticipate their needs and go above and beyond, delivering experiences that surpass expectations.
- We believe in working as a team to provide solutions, not problems. We are committed to reaching our goals, no matter the challenges. We tackle projects as a team, with a "jump in with both feet" mentality. Every roadblock is an opportunity for innovation. No task is too big or too small, and we take on challenges beyond our core responsibilities, spreading optimism and confidence.
- We embrace radical candor. We embrace difficult questions and uncomfortable answers. Our decisions are grounded in data and facts, leading to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We value giving and receiving open, honest feedback. We critique ideas, not individuals. We embrace radical transparency and rigorous thinking, avoiding decisions driven by ego or self-interest.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with some plans covered at 100%
- Competitive compensation and equity structure
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly catered lunch
Our total compensation for this position can range from $150,000 to $200,000. The actual amounts may vary based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the position.
GHOST Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
GHOST Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
GHOST Founded Year
GHOST Total Amount Raised
GHOST Funding RoundsView funding details