Staff Engineer, Secure Web Gateway Cloud Services - NetskopeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Engineer, Secure Web Gateway Cloud Services
- Job Location
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Job Description
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
Netskope Cloud Data Plane engineers architect and design one of the most scalable, high-performance cloud data planes in the world, processing 10+ Gbps of traffic, performing deep inspection using state-of-the-art techniques like AI/ML to detect activities and apply advanced policies like DLP, Threat and UEBA protection, all at line rate.
What’s in it for you
In this role you will be a key member of the NG-SWG team supporting our in-line CASB and SWG products, both of which have been recognized by Gartner as market leaders in their Magic Quadrant reports:
What you will be doing
- Develop scalable backend systems related to data collection and data processing, including RESTful API and web services
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in a fast-paced development environment.
- Engage and drive solutions for new problems across the full-stack.
- Responsible for workflow automation, process optimization, and performance tuning.
- Ensure the scalability and availability of cloud services
- Troubleshoot the bugs and issues raised by customers in a timely manner
Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of work experience in server Software Development
- Experienced with one or more popular cloud service frameworks, such as Gin, Flask
- Expert in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Golang, Python
- Experience and solid understanding of microservices architecture
- Working knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience in working with AWS or GCP
- Able to architect and analyze the server-side components and performance
- Knowledge of secure web development practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience as a full-stack developer is a plus
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Nice to have
- REST API design and development experience.
- Experience working with databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Kafka
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.
Netskope Headquarters Location
Santa Clara, CA
Netskope Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Netskope Founded Year
Netskope Total Amount Raised
Netskope Funding RoundsView funding details