Staff Database Engineer - Twist BioscienceView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Database Engineer
- Job Location
- USA - Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Database engineer and database administrator specialized in relational database management systems and in particular RDS for PostgreSQL and AWS Aurora services
- 10+ years of relational database management experience (RDBMS)
- Strong hands-on experience in AWS Aurora and RDS for PostgreSQL and other relational database management systems.
- Experience in deploying, managing and supporting mission-critical operational production systems based on AWS Aurora and RDS for PostgreSQL databases
- Experience in database disaster recovery and high availability best practices, backup and restore strategies, and different database upgrade options.
- Experience in database monitoring and alerting best practices
- Strong experience in database optimization for performance, availability and scalability
- Working experience in defining and adopting database security best practices
- Good understanding of related Amazon web services including EC2, EBS, IAM, and S3
- Solid understanding of non-relational database engines (NoSQL), e.g. MongoDB, Redis, etc. and workloads are best suited for each of them.
- Experience in AWS RDS cost optimization best practices such budget alerts, RDS capacity vs utilization monitoring, and database RIs plans a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps CI/CD practices and technologies a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both in verbal and in written form
- Excellent work ethics
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Responsible for the overall database services strategy and best practices
- Implement database availability and resilience best practices, e.g. high availability, disaster recovery
- Develop and maintain database backup and recovery plans
- Design, monitor and enforce database security and compliance best practices.
- Monitor and optimize databases for performance, and scalability.
- Database capacity planning and capacity monitoring.
- Best practices in database provisioning and deployment automation
- Troubleshoot databases related issues
- Database maintenance including data refresh, database upgrades, configuration parameters optimization, database monitoring and alerts.
- Guide developers on database design good practices
- Participate and assist developers in application database related issues
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Database Management, or related discipline.
- Certificate in “AWS Certified Database - Specialty” a plus
Twist Bioscience Headquarters Location
View on map
San Francisco, CA
Twist Bioscience Company Size
Between 203 - 1,000 employees
Twist Bioscience Founded Year
Twist Bioscience Total Amount Raised
Twist Bioscience Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity