Staff Accountant - TheragunView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job Location
- Greater Los Angeles
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are:
Therabody® is a pioneer in the wellness technology space, developing products and services that optimize human performance and unlock the body’s natural ability to achieve health and well-being. Founded by Dr. Jason Wersland to alleviate his own debilitating pain after a traumatic accident, he invented the category-defining percussive therapy device, Theragun®, which has been rooted in more than a decade of research and development. The company continues to pave the way with its innovative ecosystem of wellness solutions, including pneumatic compression (RecoveryAir®), electrical stimulation (PowerDot®), vibration therapy (Wave series), and USDA Certified Organic CBD (TheraOne®).
Science is fundamental to Therabody’s DNA; Therabody uses existing science, combined with internal and external research, to validate products and services. Therabody’s products are embraced by both the medical community and millions of consumers worldwide. Currently available in more than 60 countries, including at company-owned retail stores and at Reset®, a whole-body wellness center.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Accounting. They will be an experienced accounting professional with proven technical skills in accounting and reporting, and with the ability to work across constituencies. This position is responsible for maintaining accounting policy as well as reviewing technical accounting entries.
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly and year-end close process including:
- Perform and upload journal entries
- Perform analytics on variances and resolve issues
- Complete/Review monthly account reconciliations including variance investigation for cash and cash equivalents, A/R, A/P, prepaid, accruals, deferrals, credit card payables, payroll liabilities, fixed assets, etc.
- Maintain financial schedules and ledgers in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Continue to maintain controls and compliance with GAAP
- Assist in process change, improvements, and new system integrations
- Record monthly lease journal entries and complete account reconciliations
- Review lease payments and ensure they are processed completely, accurately and timely
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed to support routine reviews, accounting and financial reporting needs
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
The Right Person Would Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or a related field)
- 2+ years of accounting experience; CPG or retail required
- Strong technical skills, analytical thinking, and the ability to think outside the box and improve processes
- A combination of public and private accounting experience preferred
- Ability to problem solve and analyze events/transactions
- Ability to multi-task and work overtime as necessary to complete projects and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Strong written, verbal and quantitative skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exposure to NetSuite (Highly Preferred)
Therabody is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment-related decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. We will strive to provide an environment free of discrimination to our team members, customers, guests, and suppliers. We seek contributors from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their empowered, passionate, and authentic selves to work every day.
Theragun Headquarters Location
Santa Monica, CA
Theragun Company Size
Between 5 - 10 employees
Theragun Founded Year