SRE/Systems Operations Manager - HourlyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- SRE/Systems Operations Manager
- Job Location
- Remote - USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At Hourly, we are building the most advanced insurtech and payroll platforms that seamlessly integrate with our workers’ comp offering, simplifying the entire process for business owners and insurance agency partners. Hourly is looking for entrepreneurial spirited team members who are excited to come help us build the future of payroll and workers’ comp. We’re growing fast and we’re looking for talented & passionate people to join our Products Team.
We’re growing fast and we’re looking for a talented, passionate SRE/Systems Operations Manager who will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This is a key position that will be ideal for a hands-on manager who is excited to roll up their sleeves and get under the hood to learn our systems from the inside out.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and take ownership of production monitoring, provisioning and other related responsibilities
- Manage internal testing cloud environments
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization, including but not limited to the development team, product team, and sales and marketing team, to continually assess and identify opportunities to create additional efficiencies and service improvements
- Manage internal IT compliance processes and assist with SOC compliance
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux and TCP/IP Networking
- Prior experience with configuration and maintenance of common applications such as DNS, Nginx, Docker, MySQL, etc.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages including shell and Python
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services for public cloud environments(AWS)
- Process design and implementation experience
- Aptitude to quickly adapt new technologies
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple requests in a timely manner
- Demonstrate an open-minded, team-oriented, and collaborative work style
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
- Detail-oriented mindset with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, sound judgment as well as ability to work independently and multi-task.
- A team player, fast learner, with a focus on getting work done
- Excellent written, oral and expression skills in English; bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events
- BS degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- 5+ years experience in SRE/Development Operations leadership capacity
- SAAS company background
- Fintech experience a plus
Hourly Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
Hourly Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Hourly Founded Year
Hourly Total Amount Raised
Hourly Funding RoundsView funding details