Sr. VFX Artist - Azra GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. VFX Artist
- Job Location
- California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Azra Games is recapturing the childhood thrill of storytelling with your entire toy box for modern AAA gaming. We are dedicated to one genre, role-playing games, and led by veteran designer Mark Otero (Zero-to-one director of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, EA’s most successful mobile game of all time, with $1.5B lifetime revenue). Azra has assembled an expert team with decades of experience building blockbuster games. Our debut release, Legions & Legends, will be Mark’s ninth RPG. And his best. Azra Games believes in harnessing the power of technology, with a focus on generative AI, to radically disrupt & transform game development.
Azra Games is looking for a Sr. VFX Artist to deliver groundbreaking visuals in our games. If you are passionate about playing games, making games, and solving hard problems, we encourage you to apply.
- Partner with the Art Director, Artists, Technical Artists, and Engineers to create and deliver VFX that embodies our creative vision.
- Handle all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from pre-visualization concepts to final polished assets in-game
- Ensure that VFX is optimized in accordance with the approved game style and technical requirements constraints.
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game.
- Rapid prototyping of VFX
- Planning, estimating, and prioritizing tasks.
- Assist in the constant improvement and stability of VFX tools and pipeline
- 5+ Years experience as a Vfx Artist that has delivered at least one game, ideally using Unity 3d game engine
- Experience with real-time VFX authoring tools such as Unity's Shuriken Particle System
- Proficiency with a 3d authoring application (e.g. Maya, 3DSMax, Blender) for creating 3D assets
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects
- Good eye for timing and motion in relation to real world physical behaviors
- Ability to work independently and creatively to solve VFX technical challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Experience with Unity's cinematic tools Timeline and Cinemachine is a plus
The perks of working at Azra:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Platinum healthcare plan for you and your family 💯 paid for by Azra Games. Including health, vision, and dental!
- Parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work that fits your lifestyle – Work from our studio office in Sacramento, CA, and/or hybrid, and anything in between.
- Occasional catered lunches and dinners
- Office social events including happy hours, parties, and community service projects.
- A generous technology budget to provide the best gear you need to be your most productive and happy self.
- A packed snack room and loaded fridge
- Dedicated Game Room for "Market Research" 😏
- An authentic office environment where you get to be YOU
Azra Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Azra Games is an inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome and employee differences are celebrated.
Base Salary Range: $112,179.90-$173,875.80. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Azra Games Headquarters Location
Azra Games Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Azra Games Founded Year
Azra Games Total Amount Raised
Azra Games Funding RoundsView funding details