Sr UX Writer - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr UX Writer
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Description
Our multidisciplinary design organization is seeking a Senior Copywriter to own and elevate copy and creative for our brand across marketing and product channels. At 23andMe, design plays a pivotal role in how people think about genetics, ancestry, health, and lifestyle. Considering every detail, you will help facilitate the creation of highly imaginative, intuitive, beautiful experiences and, above all else, experiences that empower individuals to gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- The Senior Copywriter will partner with creative, marketing, and product teams to deliver high-quality, innovative work with global and culturally relevant sensibilities across a wide variety and types of audiences.
- Develop and evolve the brand voice and tone across all customer touchpoints.
- Concept and write short-form and long-form content across a variety of mediums including in-product/digital, video, social, email, experiential, and more.
- Flex between campaign ideation/development and in-product content creation that empowers the community, not just the individual. Tell holistic stories that bring all of humanity together.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of work experience focusing on creating detailed, thought-provoking, and informative content.
- A strong portfolio that showcases thoughtful, compelling, clear, inspiring, and provocative writing.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally with product and marketing teams to deliver best in class creative experiences and campaigns.
- Hands-on, experienced, and versatile writer who turns business goals and creative vision into world-class executions.
- Strategic thinker with solid copywriting ability.
- Ability to pivot through creative problem-solving.
- Genuine passion for health, science, and education.
- Advertising experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or another related major a plus.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range$101,000—$151,000 USD
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Total Amount Raised
23andMe Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity