Sr. Technical Writer - Endor LabsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Technical Writer
- Job Location
- Bangalore (India)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Reporting directly to the VP of Product Management in Palo Alto, CA, this is an opportunity to lay the foundation for the technical documentation of an early-stage SaaS startup with a world-class team. This role is based out of Bengaluru, and if you feel that the qualifications below match your background, we would love to talk to you!
Who we are
Our mission is to help developers and AppSec teams spend more time accelerating development and less time dealing with security issues. Watch our 3 min pitch from our Founder & CEO here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0wmZBcPkFE
Endor Labs has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, a RSA Innovation Sandbox finalist, and a Black Hat Innovation Spotlight finalist, all in its first year from launch.
The company was founded by Varun Badhwar and Dimitri Stiliadis, who have created multiple category-defining cloud security companies. We have raised $70M in Series A funding and assembled a team of the world’s leading static analysis experts and enterprise software veterans to increase developer productivity and open source software adoption.
What you’ll do
We seek a highly motivated and versatile Technical Writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience writing documentation for cyber-security and software development audiences in a SaaS company. Our technical writers go deep, move fast, and are proud to guide our customers from their first scan to an enterprise-wide deployment. Our Technical Writers partner closely with our product management and engineering teams to create content that is comprehensive and easy to follow and navigate.
- Delivery content that our customers use to rapidly adopt and use our products
- Translate technical information into clear, concise, and effective documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Document APIs and product features and functionality including UI, best practices guides, onboarding tutorials, etc.
- Use agile methodologies and modern tooling to iterate and create best-in-class information experiences for our customers.
- Build intuitive, online help within the product, and give customers the content they need when they need it.
What We're Looking For
If you are interested in helping to define and build product documentation at an early-stage company, and the list below matches your background, we would love to talk to you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Communication, English, or related fields
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in writing technical product documentation, preferably for SaaS services targeting either cyber security or development tools.
- Ability to deliver content that enables a rich and engaging user learning experience. For example, in-app help, onboarding tutorials, use case examples, and best practices guides, that enable customer success from the first interaction to enterprise-wide deployments.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a bias to action in a dynamic environment with distributed team members.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with an ability to make progress with less-than-complete information.
- Ability to research complex technical concepts (independently and collaboratively) and develop effective documentation to serve customers’ needs.
- Familiarity with various authoring tools is a must and knowledge of Markdown is a big plus
- Experience writing REST API documentation is a must. Hands-on experience with OpenAPI Specification (Swagger) and JSON is desired.
- Experience writing microcopy and content for blogs is a plus.
At Endor Labs, we:
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire to work with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
Endor Labs Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
Endor Labs Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Endor Labs Founded Year
Endor Labs Total Amount Raised
Endor Labs Funding RoundsView funding details