Sr. Systems Engineer, Charging & Energy - RivianView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems Engineer, Charging & Energy
- Job Location
- United States, California, Los Angeles
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Contribute to architecture development and system level design for consumer and commercial applications
- Support design, evaluation, and selection of hardware components and potential vendors
- Translate end-user specifications into system, sub-system, and component level requirements
- Lead DFMEAs and risk assessment/mitigation planning
- Coordinate cross-functional design reviews to ensure that product and system requirements are met
- Partner with validation teams to support system and sub-system level validation plans to ensure traceability to requirements
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
- Support system prototype builds and coordinate demonstrations
- Create and maintain technical documentation including: schematics, manuals, specifications, test reports, etc.
- Communicate status of systems engineering deliverables to cross functional team and ensure consistency of approach across programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent. Master’s degree a plus
- 3-5 years of systems engineering experience in electric vehicle charging, power conversion equipment, and/or renewable energy (PV, energy storage)
- Experience with requirements management tools (Jama preferred) and agile project management and documentation tools (Jira and Confluence preferred)
- Experience working with high voltage systems
- Compliance experience with UL/IEEE/SAE standards a plus
Salary range for California Based Applicants: $121,000-$139,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.
Rivian Headquarters Location
Rivian Company Size
Between 10,000 - 20,000 employees
Rivian Founded Year
Rivian Total Amount Raised
Rivian Funding RoundsView funding details