Sr. Staff Engineer, Full-Stack / Backend - NetskopeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Staff Engineer, Full-Stack / Backend
- Job Location
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Job Description
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Netskope Admin Console provides our customers with a single unified view into the Netskope Platform, allowing them to fully utilize the rich set of cloud security features Netskope provides.
What’s in it for you
As a member of the UI engineering team you will collaborate with backend service teams to develop the user interface for Netskope products. You will work on both the frontend as well as the web application backend, working closely with our backend teams on Machine Learning, Threat, DLP, IaaS, API’s and other cool technologies. You will also work on the Netskope REST API Gateway which exposes our REST API’s to customers.
What you will be doing
- Build internal & public REST APIs for Netskope customers
- Work in the WebUI backend to support web application service features.
- Ensure that the Netskope web interface works seamlessly in all browsers.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies and web methodologies which could be used in the Netskope product in future.
- We are looking for highly motivated and talented developers who are self-driven and also a good team player.
Required skills and experience
- 10-12+ years of full stack software development experience
- Experience with backend languages like PHP, NodeJS or Java
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, or PostgreSQL
- Experience with designing and building RESTful APIs and good knowledge of RESTful design patterns
- Experience in contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, scaling and performance) of new and current systems.
- Proficient in Algorithms.
- Knowledge of secure web development practices.
- Working knowledge of git or other version controlling tools.
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.
Netskope Headquarters Location
Santa Clara, CA
Netskope Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Netskope Founded Year
Netskope Total Amount Raised
Netskope Funding RoundsView funding details