Sr. Software Engineer / Staff Engineer ( IaaS) - NetskopeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer / Staff Engineer ( IaaS)
- Job Location
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Job Description
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
Within Netskope Engineering, the IaaS team is responsible for building cloud-scale CSPM that give enterprises visibility, compliance for critical workloads and DLP / Malware protection for critical data running in public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. We are currently looking for talented software engineers to join our team. As a member of the IaaS team, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative and scalable systems to protect the exponentially increasing amount of enterprise data and services being deployed in the public cloud.
- Design and build from cloud-based products and services with massive scale and reliability
- Write clean and modular code primarily in Golang to create multi tenant microservices capable of processing millions of notifications/files per hour, Petabyte scale data per month with SLA end to end latency and tenant fairness
- Build CICD based software development model with end-to-end ownership of code delivery - starting from design/architecture, coding, automated functional/integration testing and operating/monitoring the service in production.
- Use relevant technologies and cloud services like Kubernetes, Docker, SQS , Kafka, Pulsar, Redis, Clickhouse, Mongo, RDF, SPARQL to build highly performant and scalable distributed systems
- Design and develop data schema and access layer to optimally store and retrieve data
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in cloud computing and incorporate relevant learnings to both product features and product architecture.
BS (MS Preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 6 - 9 years of software development experience with enterprise-grade software.
- Must have experience in building scalable, high-performance cloud services
- Expert coding skills in Golang or Java or python backend
- In Depth experience in AWS and Azure or Google cloud APIs is mandatory
- Expertise in building scalable event based asynchronous systems based on the microservices architecture
- Experience working with docker and kubernetes
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Redis, Clickhouse, RDF, Graph DB, SPARQL etc.
- Experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, Pulsar, SQS
- Must have expertise in building REST APIs
- Strong object-oriented designing and programming experience
- Experience in cloud object stores: S3, Cloud Storage, Blobs, etc.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Open source committer in related areas like cloud technologies, kubernetes, database etc
- Great written and verbal communication
- Ability to work geo distributed cross functional group
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.
Netskope Headquarters Location
Santa Clara, CA
Netskope Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Netskope Founded Year
Netskope Total Amount Raised
Netskope Funding RoundsView funding details