Sr. Software Engineer, Security - OportunView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer, Security
- Job Location
- Remote - US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
Oportun's Engineering Ecosystem team is responsible for the building blocks of application development. As a Senior Software Engineer, Security, you will be a key contributor to the Engineering Ecosystem organization, specifically the Security Engineering team. Your role is to empower Oportun engineers to build software that is secure by design and by default. Our goal is to leverage tooling and custom utilities to automate secure development practices. The key tenets of the Security Engineering.
Team are to prevent the deployment of CVEs and protect against malicious code in third-party libraries. You will bring expertise in Security Engineering, a passion for
problem-solving, and a desire to build innovative solutions.
- You will serve as tech lead for a team of 3/4 security engineers
- You will help Oportun scale by hardening its security both internally and externally
- You will advise our technical teams on secure development practices and design patterns
- You will develop tools and features to monitor and improve our security stance
- You will help Oportun adhere to various compliance standards as it evolves its product and infrastructure
- You will identify security gaps in our application and infrastructure, and build to automate the identification
- You will partner with our Enterprise Security team and leverage their expertise where it makes sense
- You will have strong, but pragmatic, opinions and drive consensus to deliver timely results
- 5 years of security/engineer/technology work experience
- At least 1 year working in a software engineering or similar team
- Experience with one or more modern programming/scripting language such as Ruby, Python, Golang, Nodejs, or C like language.
- Experience with Threat Modeling, Risk Assessment, or Design Review
- A track record of proactively identifying and mitigating security concerns
- Ability to build features as a software engineer in our codebase
- 2 years experience with *nix operating systems
- Working in public clouds like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity with compliance requirements for PCI, SOC 2, etc
- A deep understanding of application security concerns
- 1 year Incident Response experience
- Any time within (or working with) a purple team or any product-adjacent security experience
"The US base salary range for this full-time position is $110,800 - $177,300.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Oportun Headquarters Location
Redwood City, CA
Oportun Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Oportun Founded Year
Oportun Total Amount Raised
Oportun Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Debt
Post Ipo Debt