Sr. Software Engineer, Next-Gen IPS Signature Team - NetskopeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer, Next-Gen IPS Signature Team
- Job Location
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Job Description
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Security Services organization is responsible for building core security products and features, such as Data Loss Prevention, IPS, Malware and Threat Prevention, Cloud Confidence Index, and Breach and Anomaly Detection. We apply Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies across the Netskope cloud security platform. As part of the Security Services org, the Security Efficacy team is responsible for continuous enhancement and enrichment of our malware detection, URL filtering, web security, IPS, threat modeling, and SaaS/IaaS security capabilities.
What’s in it for you
As a member of the Security Efficacy team you will play a key role in the design, development and operation of the security services that power the Netskope Security Cloud. You will work across development, research and product management teams to craft innovative solutions to the most challenging problems our customers face, and use your passion for and expertise in threat protection, malware detection, web security and network security to help drive the continued evolution of our market-leading products. If you live and breathe cloud security the way we do, we would like to hear from you.
What you will be doing
- Research and develop mitigation strategies and signatures for IPS.
- Understand the threats/vulnerabilities and write efficient IPS signatures
- Work on process automation, intelligent data architecture, product monitoring, analysis and detection tool maturation
- Strong focus on automation, scription, and integrations;
- Design and develop systems and tools, and integrations to enable scalable threat data collections, analysis, content generation;
- Help to transfer the POC to automatic components/process in production;
- As the software engineering subject matter expert, work closely with data scientists, threat researchers, software engineers and QE engineers ensure our solutions deliver continuous security values to end customers;
- Identify automation opportunities and develop new tooling to scale and monitor the deployment of an in-house threat intelligence architecture;
- Take ownership for developing and executing test plans for performance/efficacy evaluations
Required skills and experience
- First of all, candidates must have a true startup spirit. Be willing to wear multiple hats and deliver end-to-end;
- 5yrs Experience with tools like metasploit (MSF), Burp Suite, wireshark, tcpdump, MSV
- Industry experience in developing automation tools/systems;
- Experience with Intrusion prevention systems and signatures;
- Familiarity with Snort/Suricata is a big plus;
- Familiarity with application layer protocols like HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, FTP etc is a big plus;
- Familiarity/Experience with Python is highly desirable;
- Ability of thinking out-of-box and evaluating results based on customer value;
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) deployment, monitoring and automation experience would be a plus;
- Strong networking background, knowledge of Unix/Linux environments, web protocols and web applications;
- Energetic self-starter, with the desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to influence without authority;
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.
Netskope Headquarters Location
Santa Clara, CA
Netskope Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Netskope Founded Year
Netskope Total Amount Raised
Netskope Funding RoundsView funding details