Sr. Software Engineer, Full-Stack (Swarm) - SpaceXView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer, Full-Stack (Swarm)
- Job Location
- Hawthorne, CA or Mountain View, CA or Redmond, WA
- Job Description
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FULL-STACK (SWARM)
Swarm is enabling global connectivity with the world's most affordable satellite network. Our mission is to connect people and devices from anywhere in the world at the lowest cost.
Swarm has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, including design, implementation, testing, deployment, maintenance, and debugging. Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here — rather, we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on a super inspiring mission.
- Understand and utilize technologies across the full stack: Java (Spring Boot), React, TypeScript, Postgres, Redis, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Deliver customer-facing features for users to attain the greatest value from the Swarm network
- Build tools and applications to automate processes and help operate Swarm's satellite network
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, implementation, testing, deployment, maintenance, and debugging
- Provide strong technical leadership and focus on continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or STEM discipline and 5+ years of professional full-stack development experience; OR 7+ years of of professional full-stack development experience in lieu of a degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Polymer, Lit Element, or Angular
- 1+ years of experience with Java and Spring Boot
- Knowledge of computer architecture and networks
- Experience in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends if needed
- Must be able to travel (up to 10%) to other SpaceX locations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX Headquarters Location
SpaceX Company Size
Between 10,000 - 20,000 employees
SpaceX Founded Year
SpaceX Total Amount Raised
SpaceX Funding RoundsView funding details