Sr Software Engineer 2 - AccelaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr Software Engineer 2
- Job Location
- Remote Based
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Accela you will be involved in a small and motivated team, focused on products that improve the aspect of work and life of our customers. Accela’s Scrum Team is the home of innovation, collaboration, inspiration, and a place where every team member gets an opportunity to express their skills, knowledge, experience, and creativity in a flat structure that encourages ownership and autonomy.
Agile practices are a key part of our daily routine. Coaching and training are some of the ways we get better at what we do. Diversity, culture, different styles of working help create a safe and comfortable environment. We want each team member to give their best every day and be proud of their work.
Being a part of our team, you will have an opportunity to work with the latest Java technology in a Cloud based environment which enables you to experiment, design and develop. You will have an insight on how our users interact with our product and collaborate in an active definition of the ongoing product roadmap. We will support you in expressing your potential while encouraging a constant learning attitude, a dedication to details and quality, ultimately helping you to aim achieve excellence.
- Join the scrum team that owns development of our Reporting and Analytics platform
- Contribute to full SDLC from ideas and design phase through implementation, release, and deployment
- Participate in the development of the product with the team, through Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming
- Perform Code Reviews, write unit tests, write documentation, and implement software best practices
- Collaborate with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with peers across the organization (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- You will turn ideas into prototypes and prototypes into products, evaluate emerging software technologies and evaluate third party solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Engineering or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience developing with Java and Spring framework. This is the core technology we use to develop our server-side applications. We require strong knowledge of both
- 3+ years of experience working with agile methodologies. We are a Scrum team and use agile practices to keep our product constantly relevant to the customers and respond promptly to their needs
- Experience/knowledge about Spring, Spring Boot, Azure or AWS
- Experience/knowledge about Crystal Reports, SSRS Reports, Power BI an advantage
- Experience working in an agile environment and good understanding of the advantages compared to the classic approach
- Solid understanding of SCM (Git) and common branching strategies. Our codebase and branching strategy live in Git repos, our code review process and build pipelines rely upon this technology. We require candidates to have very good knowledge about Git.
- Good team player with experience in code review process. We believe that a close collaboration across team members is essential to achieve quality in our codebase. We emphasize code reviews and need the candidate to be used to this practice and the way to approach collaboration on code and any other team activity
- Experience with CI/CD. Experience on the concept of Continuous Integration/Delivery, build stacks, build pipelines, infrastructure (pipelines) as code, a plus
- Experience on cloud-based infrastructure/architecture, a plus
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people, and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela Headquarters Location
San Ramon, CA
Accela Company Size
Between 339 - 1,000 employees
Accela Founded Year
Accela Total Amount Raised
Accela Funding RoundsView funding details