Sr. Product Manager - SaaS Billing - HashiCorpView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Product Manager - SaaS Billing
- Job Location
- United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate Senior Product Manager to build solutions that strengthen our core billing and payments platform, creating an outstanding customer experience. You will determine the capabilities that improve our global revenue model by developing new purchase, upgrade, renewal, and retention experiences.
You will report to our Director of Product in the platform organization and play an important role across all of HashiCorp; coordinating with our product line PMs across our business segments and partners in Product, Engineering, Design, Customer Support, Finance, Payment Operations, and Sales.
As a Sr. Product Manager, you will collaborate with Product Design to perform research and discovery to understand our users and target customers and be their empathetic voice. You’ll utilize this knowledge gathering to perform competitive analysis of our platform and product portfolio. This will enable you to establish the billing and payments product strategy, roadmap, and drive delivery.
In this role, you can expect to
- Work cross-functionally and partner closely with R&D and field organizations. Understand how users and customers derive value from our cloud and on-premise products.
- Set the roadmap, gather requirements, identify risks, and work with all the stakeholders to deliver the best experience for our customers across various segments.
- Ensure tradeoffs and requirements of our internal organizations, like finance and sales operations, are considered and incorporated.
- Launch new billing products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly. Drive positioning, pricing, and go-to-market strategy for our launches.
- Rationalize and provide product guidance in a concise fashion to all audiences
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management with a core focus on billing and payments
- Experience with A/B testing and optimizing online conversion funnels
- Experience building localized subscription web products across multiple geographies
- History of driving decisions with data and ensuring alignment on cross-organizational team priorities
- Understand relevant success metrics and support the highest impact projects that achieve the essential outcomes
- Good knowledge of pricing and packaging and a willingness to delve deep into consumption economics while grasping legacy entitlement ways of selling products.
- Good understanding of enterprise funnel, monetization, and freemium to paid conversions through PLG motions.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, or Marketing.
Attributes we look for in successful product management leaders
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership of work
Skills you will need as a product manager at HashiCorp
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
HashiCorp Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
HashiCorp Company Size
Between 1,050 - 5,000 employees
HashiCorp Founded Year
HashiCorp Total Amount Raised
HashiCorp Funding RoundsView funding details