Sr. Product Designer - MasterClassView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Product Designer
- Job Location
- Ontario, CAN
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a studio in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
Snapshot of the Role:
We're seeking a talented Senior Product Designer who will be the design owner of critical initiatives and a strategic partner to the product team. You will have proven conceptual, interaction, and visual design skills demonstrated through products and features you've helped bring to market.
You collaborate well with other designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers to create and implement simple solutions to challenging and (sometimes) technical problems. You are a skilled communicator who applies an empathetic, user-centered approach to problem-solving.
What You Will Do:
- Take the lead on new design-led challenges and leverage user research, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping to deliver solutions
- Collaborate independently with product, research, engineering, and design team partners to understand user problems and define strategy
- Partner with UX research and participate in user research studies to validate hypotheses and ensure product usability and consistency.
- Contribute to the constant evolution of the MasterClass Design System
- Provide direct and impactful feedback to other designers on the team, helping designers on adjacent product teams grow their skills
About You (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience in user experience, visual design, and prototyping for consumer web/mobile interfaces, with at least 2 years in a consumer-specific role
- Accustomed to working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment, where experimentation and testing are valued
- Ability to understand the business impact of design decisions and drive meaningful product value
- Skilled in communicating your design ideas, processes, and decisions clearly
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule with one day a week (Tuesdays) in-office *Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Ontario, CAN Salary Range$116,000—$132,000 CAD
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
MasterClass Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
MasterClass Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
MasterClass Founded Year
MasterClass Total Amount Raised
MasterClass Funding RoundsView funding details