Sr. Platform Engineer - Infrastructure API - HashiCorpView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Platform Engineer - Infrastructure API
- Job Location
- United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, Boundary, Waypoint, and Vagrant. We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US and Canada. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
The HashiCorp Infrastructure API team is committed to supporting all of our product teams in their delivery of high-quality software, which meets all of the obligations of our contributors, practitioners, and customers. Infrastructure API is working on the next generation hosted platform for internal and external services. We’re developing a common hosting solution and workflow that is low friction and enables teams to get services built and deployed quickly and securely.
Here’s what you can expect to accomplish on the Infrastructure API team at HashiCorp:
Within 1 month you will:
- Learn about HashiCorp’s products, teams, peers, and processes
- Ship your first infrastructure project using HashiCorp tooling like Packer, Terraform, Nomad, and Consul
- Have one on ones with every member of our team and members of other teams
- Experience the HashiCorp culture and get familiar with the Tao of HashiCorp
Within 3 months you will:
- Become a trusted member of the Infrastructure API team and a subject matter expert on the systems we build and support
- Take an active role in recommending and designing internal systems to support product, engineering, and security teams
- Recommend improvements to the systems the team builds and supports
Within 6 months you will:
- Drive the research and testing of systems to help meet the needs of our Engineering teams, including writing RFCs to show what thoughts and considerations went into the selection of the system
- Build, deploy, and support new platform components
- Help develop a mature monitoring and alerting methodology for our systems
- Provide occasional after-hours support for our tools in the event of an outage
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You are comfortable and enthusiastic about adopting the HashiCorp way of building systems using an infrastructure as code approach and taking advantage of immutable infrastructure.
- You’ve got a good handle and understanding of of platform engineering
- You have hands-on experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt to manage Linux and/or Windows hosts. A thoughtful understanding about when and how to use them and the tradeoffs incurred.
- You have experience operating AWS, Azure or Google Cloud including access control (IAM) and some network topology design.
- You have experience using source management tools like Git.
- You have experience with and are comfortable with programming languages, particularly Golang.
- You have experience with monitoring and alerting as a means of proactively increasing uptime and reliability.
- You have a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- You understand the difference between shipping a project that’s done versus a project that is perfect.
- You have a customer-centric attitude and willingness to enthusiastically support the engineering teams to help HashiCorp continue to deliver great products and services.
We’d love to hear from you!
We take great joy in helping developers, designers, and infrastructure practitioners build and deploy applications with our products. Feel free to write a cover letter to tell us about yourself and what gets you excited about the cloud, infrastructure as code, platform engineering, or one of our products! We'd like to get to know YOU and why you are interested in working at HashiCorp. What makes you enthusiastic about infrastructure and automation? What's your favorite HashiCorp product?
About the Interview Process
The interviewing process for the Infrastructure API team will have several phases. First, you will have a call with the hiring recruiter for the position. After that, you will chat with the hiring manager to discuss the role and gauge your interest in coming on board. Then you will have three to four “panel” interviews with individual members of the team.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
HashiCorp Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
HashiCorp Company Size
Between 1,050 - 5,000 employees
HashiCorp Founded Year
HashiCorp Total Amount Raised
HashiCorp Funding RoundsView funding details