Sr or Staff or Principal Data Engineer (EMEA Remote) - ClickUpView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr or Staff or Principal Data Engineer (EMEA Remote)
- Job Location
- Ireland, UK, Poland (Remote)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ClickUp is the world's only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more. On a mission to make the world more productive, ClickUp is headquartered in San Diego and scaling remotely and internationally. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, ClickUp helps millions of users to be more productive and save at least one day every week. 🦄Our team owns the next generation of data platforms focusing on scalability and performance to facilitate the hyper-growth of our all-in-one productivity platform!We are looking for passionate and dedicated engineers to help us maintain, develop and scale our platform.The ideal candidate endorses agile philosophy, and is excited about solving complex technical challenges at scale, while delivering high-quality, performant, and reliable solutions in the cloud. Our key technologies include Typescript and PostgreSQL facilitating large-scale, globally distributed infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services.Beyond technical skills, we strongly believe in ClickUp Core Values. If they resonate with you too, you will be a great addition to our team! Don't wait. Apply right now!Role:
- Lead hands-on the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly scalable, high-quality backend APIs, services, and the most complex features of the data platform.
- Have a sound understanding of the entire SW stack to represent and help craft a strategic vision of the data platform.
- Work with product managers, front-end engineers, and product designers to define the product requirements, scope, and business impact.
- Collaborate with other engineers to deliver high-quality, complex backend features on the roadmap.
- Identify and troubleshoot significant errors and performance issues that occur within our environment.
- Mentor other engineers and provide technical guidance on best practices.
- Can be involved in customer discussions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent major.
- 5+ years of working experience developing and maintaining production (high availability) data pipelines or data platforms.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with relational databases at scale.
- Experience with AWS or other major cloud services.
- Proficient with TypeScript or other popular programming languages.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Experience building large-scale SaaS platforms supporting millions of users.
- Experience designing and developing a data platform layer.
- Experience with micro-services and event-driven architecture.
- Expertise with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elastic Search, PostgreSQL, and Redis.
- Passionate about Productivity platforms and saving people time by making the world more productive!
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
ClickUp Headquarters Location
San Diego, CA
ClickUp Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
ClickUp Founded Year
ClickUp Total Amount Raised
ClickUp Funding RoundsView funding details