Sr. ML Ops Engineer (LA) - RouteView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. ML Ops Engineer (LA)
- Job Location
- Santa Monica, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Route is helping people discover and celebrate the world's brands through a completely reimagined e-commerce marketplace that directly connects and empowers both consumers and brands.
Route’s unique platform takes a holistic approach to online shopping, rethinking the consumer experience from discovery to delivery via the Route app, while offering a suite of features that provides merchants the tools necessary to enhance the overlooked post-purchase experience. Since launching in 2018, Route has built a network of over 1.5 million app users and 7,000 merchants. Route has offices in Lehi, UT and Los Angeles, CA. For more information go to route.com
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps/MLOps engineer to help build outstanding machine learning infrastructure and platform of tools and services covering high-performance computing, ML training services, DevOps, model deployment, model monitoring and metadata capture; our goal is to decrease ML development/training cycle time and raise the quality bar on ML's shipped services by drastically simplifying the process of ML Engineering.
You will work closely with machine learning engineers and data engineers on the deployment, management, monitoring and governance of both our traditional machine learning and deep learning models. In this position, you will have a track record of writing quality, well-documented and well-tested code for services in the ML space. You should become comfortable with cloud-native computing paradigms such as the EC2, Docker/Kubernetes/Helm ecosystem, and with high-performance computing on GPUs via frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
Engineers at Route bring fresh ideas, are excited tackle new problems across the stack, and adopt the startup environment where you are comfortable being uncomfortable at times. We seek to hire the best people with a broad set of technical skills, representing a globally diverse audience, and bringing a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and cultures.
- Build, lead and supervise the machine learning infrastructure
- Optimize our production release and deployment process. Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale ML model deployments.
- Deploy novel and innovative deep learning models at scale
- Develop systems, tools, & processes to monitor ML models in production, monitoring drift and performance and initiating retraining and validation as necessary.
- Develop systems, tools, & processes to govern ML models for compliance, bias, versioning, traceability and auditability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency with container environments like Docker and Kubernetes
- Expertise in cloud environments like AWS
- Experience with deep learning frameworks
- Experience with multiple databases including Snowflake, Postgres, Redis and Elasticsearch
- Experience with programming/scripting skills with bash and Python
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code tools such as terraform
- A passion for automating repetitive tasks, and for understanding the data behind those automations.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with machine learning pipelines and frameworks like Airflow and SageMaker, MLFlow, Kubeflow or other similar frameworks
- Experience deploying production-grade machine learning solutions on public cloud platforms.
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Route Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Route Company Size
Between 1 - 10 employees
Route Founded Year