Sr. Manager, Product Marketing - Developer Experience / Analytics - OktaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Manager, Product Marketing - Developer Experience / Analytics
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
We are looking for our next hire to join the Okta Customer Identity Cloud Product Marketing team. This role is perfect for you if you understand and love the developer space, love building and experimenting, and have a track record of coordination with Product Management, Engineering, Developer Engagement, technical documentation, Marketing and Partnerships.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager for Developer Experience will ensure that developers who are building applications and secure, digital experiences for their own organizations using the Okta Customer Identity Cloud have the best experience possible.
So what do we exactly build? The Okta Customer Identity Cloud is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to accelerate a world where everyone can safely use technology. It’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
The successful candidate will have direct Solutions Marketing, product marketing management (PMM) experience and/or Technical Product Marketing (TPM) in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) industry with a focus on developer marketing/developer engagement. As a key member of the platform product marketing team, you will work closely with Developer Engagement, Sales, Marketing, and Product Management teams to drive the GTM motion for customer acquisition/expansion, drive field enablement programs, and drive pipeline growth. If you enjoy wearing the “strategic hat” but also have a “get s*** done” attitude, then this role is for you!
This role can be based from a home office anywhere in the US or Canada and will report to the Director of Product Marketing, Customer Identity Cloud.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with PMs and Developer Engagement to make product recommendations that help our grow our developer ecosystem and increase developer conversions
- Develop top use cases for the platform that will inform overall information design in the developer subdomain
- Work with product managers, engineers, and the entire developer platform team to develop new products and enhance existing products, ensuring that the of our developers is always represented
- Be the voice of the developer, bringing in new requirements, pain points, needs from the developer audience, and working closely with developer engagement on events (developer days, hackathons, workshops, etc.)
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and essential messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns throughout the developer journey
- Work with the developer engagement team to grow the developer community and drive increased traffic to our top developer focused channels such as the Okta blog, Auth0 Community, Auth0 Marketplace, and our Developer Forums.
- Go-to-Market: Build the product GTM strategy, lead product launches, set competitive positioning, manage “day-to-day” marketing support for the ecosystem, platform, and extensibility product lines and; in a nutshell, “own” and “champion” the Developer Experience solution, partnered with the Product Management team.
- Sales Enablement: Communicate the value proposition of your products including how they compare to competitive offerings, to the sales and field teams and develop the sales tools that support the selling process, including sales training and product demos.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of Solutions Marketing or Product Marketing Marketing experience in SaaS or Enterprise Software.
- Experience marketing to and working with developers
- Experience in Identity and Access Management industry is a bonus
- Strong messaging and positioning skills with experience creating content to support all stages of the sales funnel.
- Proven ability to partner closely with Product Management.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Proven ability to drive programs from initiation to success.
- Able to collaborate effectively with a remote team.
- Experience conducting customer interviews and being the “voice of the customer.”
- Excellent presentation skills and experience training sales teams as part of bringing products to the market.
- Strong focus on metrics and measuring success.
- Experience with cloud marketplaces, developer communities, and the development technology ecosystem
- Education background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:$140,000—$189,000 USDThe annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between:$156,000—$211,000 USD
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Okta Company Size
Between 5,000 - 20,000 employees
Okta Founded Year
Okta Total Amount Raised
Okta Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity