Sr. Java Software Engineer 2 - AccelaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Java Software Engineer 2
- Job Location
- Remote Based
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will write well designed, clean, efficient code using Core Java and Angular backed by unit tests. Develop advanced features using Java 8, JSP, Servlets, Spring, Spring Boot, Java Beans, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, RMI and JMS, REST Web-services in developing SaaS based application. You will contribute and follow best practice coding standards. Be able to work well in an Agile/Scrum environment, while maintaining a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same. Have an enthusiasm to learn new tools, technologies & processes.
- Attend daily scrum calls.
- Work on developing new features along with proper unit test.
- Involve in code review and technical discussion.
- Research, design, implement, and manage software programs.
- Test and evaluate new framework, design and solutions.
- Be an active participate on Agile team, with daily scrum meetings and other Agile ceremonies.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Accountable for the successful launch and delivery of new, key Accela Product Releases, Engineering Initiatives, alignment for Cloud deployments activities.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into daily activities.
- As a senior developer, must be comfortable switching tasks between Web Services, APIs, Batch Job engine or Web Development.
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documentation and implementing software best practices.
- Optimize backend services to maximize speed and scale, with a primary focus on backend development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- 6+ years of Sr Software Engineer experience in developing enterprise applications using enterprise Java and has worked both on Web and Server-side technologies.
- Strong coding skills in Java.
- Strong object-oriented programming, design, and architecture experience in Java.
- Expertise in Server-side development using Java 8, JSP, Servlets, Spring, Spring Boot, Java Beans, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, RMI and JMS, REST Web-services.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into daily activities.
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes, or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Good understanding of Web Service concepts and experience building RESTful services is required.
- Extensive experience in architecting and measuring application performance of complex SaaS product environments.
- Having good knowledge and hands on experience in using SOA and WebServices.
- Full stack developer with hands on experience with Angular framework is a big plus.
- Experience in Java Unit Testing Frameworks and tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
- Experience in JMeter; Knowledge of other industry standard performance tools such as LoadRunner, httperf etc is a plus.
- Good understanding of database and data fundamentals in SQL Server 2019, Oracle and NoSql databases.
- Experience with Containerization and Azure Cloud is a plus.
The base pay hiring range for this position is $110,000 to $165,000 per year. The base pay offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on factors such as the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of health, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the location where the position is offered.
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela Headquarters Location
San Ramon, CA
Accela Company Size
Between 339 - 1,000 employees
Accela Founded Year
Accela Total Amount Raised
Accela Funding RoundsView funding details