Sr. Director, Product Marketing - Secure/Networking - HashiCorpView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Director, Product Marketing - Secure/Networking
- Job Location
- United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About the role...
Do you enjoy technology and are great at making it more understandable and consumable for customers? Are you looking to make a huge impact at a high-growth company? Do you want to be a part of helping the world’s largest enterprises use cloud services to re-think their infrastructure?
We are seeking a Sr. Director of Product Marketing for Secure and Networking product lines. You will lead a team and be primarily responsible for building and managing a team to deliver on core product marketing responsibilities which includes GTM strategy, positioning and messaging, announcements and launch, pricing and packaging, and content.
You will be a leader in the marketing organization and should have excellent skills in leadership, analytics, writing, communication, research, and problem-solving. In addition, experience as a subject matter expert in HashiCorp products, Cloud services or related markets, and leading product marketing teams. The role will work closely with many internal teams including corporate marketing and communications, GTM marketing, developer advocates, product, engineering, finance, sales, and customer success.
- Product Go-To-Market strategy — Inform strategy and planning for marketing campaigns, programs in partnership with cross-functional groups across the marketing team.
- Influence and leadership — demonstrate effective communications to influence peers and leaders across the organization that align teams on a vision and plan.
- Market analysis — Continuously research and analyze market, competitors, and key trends and evaluate product portfolio strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and incorporate back into the planning, programs, and execution.
- Positioning and messaging — Establish frameworks of authentic, concise, and reusable messaging that is consistently consumed across marketing channels and sales for maximum effectiveness.
- Content. Establish, craft, inspect, distribute the approved set of content based on positioning and messaging to support marketing and sales programs.
- Announcement and launch strategy — Work with product and engineering teams to determine the best approach to releasing, announcing, launching new products, capabilities to market with maximum impact on market awareness to new audiences and existing users/customers.
- Pricing and packaging — Understand existing pricing and packaging, continuously collect and curate feedback/data to analyze effectiveness of pricing and packaging. Evaluate and introduce pricing and packaging for new capabilities in the product. Work with Business Planning when introducing changes to existing pricing or packaging.
- Analyst and Press engagements — Be the spokesperson to analyst and press during launches, conferences, industry events, and other opportunities to discuss HashiCorp’s view of the market and Terraform and Packer.
- Go-To-Market execution. Nurture a team that effectively collaborates with the team across marketing and sales to execute the GTM plan.
- Team coaching, mentoring and leadership — Work with an outstanding product marketing team with a focus on growing and mentoring the team to their full potential.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 10+ years software product marketing experience with 3 years leading product marketing teams related to cloud, infrastructure, IT operations or networking.
- 3+ years leading high-performing teams, with consistent record to hire, mentor and develop product marketers
- Proven track record to effectively position products for growth in the market, appealing to multiple audience types including individuals/practitioners/users and business/technical decision makers.
- Strong ability to take an idea or project and develop a plan to execute
- Expertise in writing differentiated and compelling marketing content for developers, IT Operations, and related roles
- Ability to write clear and concise content (messaging, analysts decks, white papers, strategy proposals.) for internal and external audiences. Along with excellent communication, presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Adept at documenting a strategy/plan, communicating and influencing stakeholders, and building consensus in fast-paced environment
- Experience with products related to infrastructure, DevOps workflows, Cloud services
- Ability to work in Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Salesforce, Looker
- Some travel required
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha
HashiCorp Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
HashiCorp Company Size
Between 850 - 5,000 employees
HashiCorp Founded Year
HashiCorp Total Amount Raised
HashiCorp Funding RoundsView funding details