Sr DevOps Database Software Engineer - LaikaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr DevOps Database Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Hillsboro, OR
- Job Description
The Sr DevOps Database Software Engineer will develop new systems, optimize and update existing systems and applications related to DevOps and enterprise databases. This position will be responsible for ongoing projects including the development of services monitoring dashboards, designing and optimizing systems for package configuration, automated software build and deployment, and developing backend technology for enterprise messaging and notifications management.
- Design, develop and operate database platform services to support enterprise application development.
- Consult with Developers on best practices relating to schema design and database use.
- Design and develop tools and technical solutions for Production and Technology infrastructure that improve flexibility and control for users.
- Maintain existing tools and improve the interoperability of technology systems to enhance Studio workflows.
- Design systems for other Software Engineers to standardize core elements of our technology platform to improve quality control for new software.
- Initiate research and development, and implement 3rd party solutions when available.
- Design and build prototypes in collaboration with other Systems and Software Engineers for next generation systems.
- Offer expertise in the development and establishment of core tools and APIs in one or more of these areas: application dependency mapping, software unit testing frameworks, build and release systems, enterprise messaging, automated deployment, cloud storage interfaces.
- Work with end users to improve the usability of production tools.
- 7+ years of experience applied software development or engineering experience in a professional setting.
- Proficiency in Python, Rust, C++ or C, required.
- Experience deploying, managing and optimizing PostgreSQL in an enterprise environment, required.
- Solid understanding of database design, implementation and troubleshooting, required.
- Experience developing applications backed by databases at scale, required.
- Experience with SDLC concepts and methodologies including CI/CD, version control discipline, required.
- Experience developing and operating services on container platforms such as Docker/Kubernetes, preferred.
- Experience developing for Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems, preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR / and also eligible for hybrid work / Remote Eligible
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER and MATERIALS SUBMISSION AGREEMENT.
Laika Headquarters Location
Laika Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Laika Founded Year
Laika Total Amount Raised
Laika Funding RoundsView funding details