Sr. Copytwriter - CommentSoldView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Copytwriter
- Job Location
- Job Description
- Welcome to CommentSoldCommentSold is the North American leader in live selling technology (ranked by G2), enabling over 7,000 small to mid-sized retailers with live-selling tools, generating 147M+ items sold with $3.5B+ in lifetime GMV. CommentSold’s technology continues to provide small businesses, mid-sized brands and retailers with best-in-class solutions for delivering engaging live video commerce experiences. Recent innovations from the company include their lightweight video commerce plugin technology, Videeo, which allows any retailer or brand the ability to embed and go live with engaging, branded live video commerce experiences within days by easily integrating into their existing e-commerce stack.
For more information, please visit CommentSold.com or Videeo.live
CommentSold is the North American leader of live selling technology, with over 4,000 retailers, more than 150M items sold, and $3.4B+ in lifetime GMV. CommentSold’s technology provides businesses of all sizes with best-in-class solutions for delivering engaging live video commerce experiences. With end-to-end solutions for point-of-sale systems, warehouse optimization, live selling, marketing automation, shopping apps, and webstores, CommentSold offers everything businesses need to thrive online.
As our Senior Copywriter, you will support CommentSold and its sister company, Videeo, with copy editing, writing, brand voice, content strategy, and more.
Our ideal candidate is team-oriented, passionate, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Copywriter will report to the Creative Manager, work closely with the broader Marketing team, and partner with Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams.
In this role you will
As the head of copy, you will serve as an editor and a mentor to our team of writers:
- Read and edit all copy docs that pass through the creative team
- Offer supportive and helpful advice to help coach our junior writers
- Play a critical role in copy sign-off to stakeholders, ensuring a high level of quality has been met
- Develop internal documentation that helps educate the team on best practices
- Maintain and update copy templates, statistics library, and testimonial bank, among other Creative Team key resources
As a seasoned copywriter, you will write interesting and meaningful content that drives results to support marketing efforts and needs from other departments:
- Write clear, compelling copy for a variety of media including, but not limited to blog articles, guides, case studies, solution sheets, web/landing pages, and emails
- Research a subject, determine interesting angles, create eye-catching headlines, and expertly craft copy that drives reader retention and conversions
- Edit communications-related content written by our PR agency, or look over internal-facing content written by CommentSold
- Use SEO principles and research to maximize copy’s reach
- Conduct in-depth research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
Brand Guideline Ambassador
We are focused on establishing our brand as the expert in our market, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal:
- Use your love for language, grammar, syntax, and content structure—paired with your deep understanding of marketing strategy—to help define brand voice
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company's brand guidelines
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications
- Assist with the continued development and implementation of brand guidelines
In this role, you will help drive marketing initiatives to further position our brand as a leader in our industry:
- Work with the Creative Manager to develop and maintain a quarterly content calendar
- Offer insight into marketing strategy as it relates to timely and relevant content
- Partner with project stakeholders to assess project needs, interpret creative direction, and adapt points from creative briefs to help with messaging and create copy that reaches the intended goals
You’re right for this role if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field or have 5-8 years of experience in content marketing or copywriting with a portfolio of work
- Are a seasoned experience working as an editor and guiding greener writers in a collaborative space
- Have experience in the SaaS industry and/or B2B; preferred
- Have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Have strong research skills
- Have proven ability to demonstrate brand voice
- Have an understanding and experience with the implementation of SEO tactics
- Have an exceptional time-management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a creative, team-oriented, self-starter spirit
Base Comp Range: $75,000 - $85,000 (Depending on experience and level) / Bonus PotentialJoin CommentSoldAt CommentSold, you can work from anywhere in the United States thanks to the power of the internet - we put extra effort into our remote culture to ensure we exceed the engagement we all need. We value our team and show that through competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to all full-time employees.We're creating a space for equality across the board, and we support folks of all identities and lifestyles in everything we do. Join CommentSold to live your best life — we’re always excited to grow our team’s perspective. #lovewhereyouwork
Competitive Compensation: We want every team member to be rewarded for their value and feel secure in their financial wellness. We conduct market analysis to ensure fairness and continued growth. We also offer bonus opportunities to reward folks for their contributions to our collective success when our company does well.
Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Time: Designed to give you flexibility and balance, we offer full time, exempt employees unlimited vacation policy. We observe 9 annual holidays along with an end-of-year, weeklong winter break, and a sick time policy.
100% Match 401k: We encourage investing in your financial security by matching contributions dollar-for-dollar for up to 3% of your annual salary, vested immediately. Option to enroll as soon as you join the team.
Health, Dental, and Vision: We offer 100% employer-paid health (Cigna), vision (Principal), and dental (Principal) insurance. With extensive provider networks and plan options for different coverage needs, our team is well taken care of!
Unlimited Virtual Care through First Stop Health: Coverage offers a range of support, from medical to mental health needs.
Paid Parental Leave: When you welcome a new child to the home (by birth or adoption) we support up to 12 weeks leave for primary caregivers and 4 weeks for secondary caregivers to bond with their child without worrying about financial stability.
$1200 Work Well Allowance: We provide the essentials, but to ensure you have a comfortable, productive workspace each full-time employee gets a $1,200 annual allowance for expenses like coffee, internet, and co-working fees.
$500 Be Well Allowance: Everyone invests in their mind and body differently, so we provide a $500 annual allowance to spend on your wellness needs as you choose (think: new running shoes, gym membership, mental health, etc.).We love our values
We’re building a community, our chosen circle, around a set of values that guide how we work and interact with the world around us. Our cultural norms at work can’t be turned off when the computer’s away -- we live these in every part of our lives. Our team isn’t for everyone, so if you’re right for it, the following values should resonate strongly with how you live your life.
"Don't Be An Asshole": We’re intolerant to bad vibes, and genuinely love where we work (and want to keep it that way). We choose our fam by looking beyond a skillset - because roles can change - and surround ourselves with folks we want to spend our lives with.
"We Really Like Smart People": We aim high and hire smart people to get there -- folks that use logic and critical thinking to make the best decisions. We look beyond the problem and quickly build context to come to the right solution; our ever-changing and high-pace environment requires a team of great autonomous thinkers.
"Got It": When we say “got it,” our team knows we’re owning it, we’re following through, and we’ll deliver beyond expectations. Put the effort into figuring things out yourself (hey, we’re all busy), and actively collaborate if you haven’t Got it; ownership also means knowing when to seek help and to never suffer in silence.
"We Work To Win": We’re a rare team of folks that genuinely love to work hard because we know that putting in the effort gets the win -- we’re the people that started our careers at the lemonade stand. Not at all costs, but we give it our all because our customers are hustling to grow their businesses, and the hustle’s more fun when we’re winning together.
"Unrelenting Feedback": We collaborate for more than the high-fives (although they’re pretty great), and our team thrives on timely and direct feedback. There’s no hesitation in being direct; since we’re surrounded by smart people, we embrace thoughtful and challenging perspectives.
CommentSold Headquarters Location
CommentSold Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
CommentSold Founded Year