Sr. Back-End & Integration Engineer (NodeJS, Express) - HiveView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Back-End & Integration Engineer (NodeJS, Express)
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Sr. Back-End & Integration Engineer (NodeJS, Express)
at Hive, the company that unlocks the full carbon benefit of EVs
Los Angeles, California, United States
We are seeking a motivated Front-end developer to join our mission to democratize access to electric vehicles (EVs) and reduce a gigaton of carbon emissions. As a lead developer, you will be primarily responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the front-end systems. The initial primary function of the role is to work with Hive’s product team to establish a plan for executing on the product roadmap, implementing an agile development methodology, and working to recruit a productive team. You will then be collaborating with other front-end & back end developers to develop web and mobile components.
About the Role
- Have direct impact on the product/development direction and be one of the pioneers creating telemetry-based financial solutions for EV ownership.
- Opportunity to lead team of engineers working on integrating back end platforms to partner technology platforms like Uber, Lyft, Branch.io
- Implement back-end development standards practice, including the structure, organization, and common libraries
- Collaborate with UX and UI engineers on API specifications and integration.
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building new features
- 5+ years of experience in the following
- Node JS
- Working with Plaid, Stripe and Dwolla is a strong plus
- A working understanding of AWS Services (EBS, S3, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CodeBuild, RDS, EC2, Lambda
- InfoSec standard and best practices
- Unit testing frameworks
- Solid understanding of agile development practices and lean software development principles.
For this role, it’s great to have/be:
- Experience with Dwolla
- Experience with Stripe
- Experience with Demyst
- Experience influencing product/development direction and others around you. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity in a detailed, organized way
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Passionate about climate improvement, fintech, and/or transportation
- Experience building a team or working with outsourced/freelance contributors to accelerate development.
- Competitive compensation.
- Employee Stock Option Plan to participate in the contributions you make to the company’s success.
- Great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance options.
- Salaried team members have unlimited paid time off.
At Hive, we’re on a mission to unlock the full carbon benefit of EVs to ensure cleaner air and a stable climate for future generations. We democratize access to EVs with a disruptive membership solution that finances, charges, and maintains EVs for drivers who drive the most. Hive membership creates a path to EV ownership for consumers who are underserved by traditional auto finance. By expanding affordable access to EVs, maximizing EV utilization, and offering an innovative charging infrastructure powered by renewable energy to keep EVs running, Hive accelerates the full carbon reduction potential of the EV revolution. Our unique model cuts the EV carbon payback time from 7 to 1.5 years! To achieve this, Hive leverages the convergence of innovations in IOT, connected vehicles, high range EVs, modular solar energy generation, storage, and distribution systems, and the emergence of digital platforms that enable the high mileage mobility and delivery workforce. Our ambition is to convert 10 million high-mileage, gas vehicle drivers into Hive members over the coming decade – contributing a gigaton to carbon reduction goals.
Hive is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hive is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com
Hive Headquarters Location
Hive Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Hive Founded Year
Hive Funding RoundsView funding details