Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Immunology - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Immunology
- Job Location
- South San Francisco, California
- Job Description
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an exceptional immunologist to contribute to a collaborative, cross-functional research team responsible for the discovery and validation of drug targets and the characterization and development of drug compounds to support our therapeutics programs for immune diseases. Successful candidates will be independent and innovative researchers with a passion for discovery, possess a solid track record of accomplishments, and thrive on driving forward early research programs, both intellectually and at the bench.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to target evaluation and drug discovery program strategy in immune disease areas of interest to the Therapeutics team at 23andMe.
- Lead a cross-functional team from target discovery through target validation and the development of drug candidates.
- Contribute to target identification through analysis of genetics data and publications
- Design and lead in vitro assays for target validation and MOA studies to support drug discovery in immunology therapeutic areas
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues to drive progression of the project
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s with a min of 5 years’ biotech/pharma work experience or a Ph.D. with a min of 2 years’ post-PhD research experience in biological sciences
- Successful record of high-quality publications and/or patent applications
- Proven ability to work on a cross-functional team and successfully lead a project to decision points
- Advanced immunology laboratory skills with demonstrated proficiency with biochemical, immunological and cell biology techniques
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience in antibody and/or small molecule drug discovery and development
- Excellent knowledge of immunology including experience working with human and mouse primary immune cells through isolation, manipulation, phenotyping and functional analysis
- Advanced multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis skills
- Experience with in vivo models of disease
- Experience supervising research associates
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity