Specialty Pharmacy Implementation Care Coordinator - House RxView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Specialty Pharmacy Implementation Care Coordinator
- Job Location
- Remote with travel
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We're looking for a Specialty Pharmacy Implementation Care Coordinator to help us make specialty medications more accessible and affordable for patients. Keep reading to learn more about the role, our team and why House Rx is the right next step in your career.
About the Role
As a pivotal member of the House Rx team, you will travel to and work closely with specialty care clinics and the House Rx team to improve the specialty pharmacy experience for patients and their caregivers.
What You’ll Do
- Travel to new and existing customers 90% of the time across the United States
- Build and establish relationships with clinic staff, yourself and the remote House Rx team
- Build workflows and means of communication with clinic staff members
- Set up, as a subject matter expert, dispensing space and construct and train clinic staff on core pharmacy functions such as (but not limited to): receiving orders, counting and labeling, supply storage, verification, packaging and will call.
- Educate new clinics on specialty patient workflows and establish trust in the care model
- Complete prior authorizations
- Source financial assistance on behalf of patients
- Process pharmacy claims
- Coordinate medication dispensing and shipping
- Improve the patient experience by answering questions and requests
- Act as a liaison between the patient, their provider and the pharmacist
- You have previously supported an implementation of a new program that involved multiple stakeholders
- You have mastered all the core specialty pharmacy technician skills, such as processing claims and dispensing medications, and are ready to expand your career
- You are comfortable engaging with patients, providers, and all members of the care team both in-person and over the phone
- You have experience navigating specialty medication benefits investigation, prior authorization, and financial assistance
- You are excited about working in a start-up environment and helping to build workflows and processes from the ground up
- You enjoy learning new technologies and are proficient in some common pharmacy software systems (QS1, ComputerRx, PioneerRx, WAM, etc). Bonus points if you have worked in EMR systems (EPIC, Cerner, NextGen, etc) or specialty pharmacy systems (Therigy, Asembia1, ScriptMed, etc)
- You are familiar with specialty medications, including medications used in autoimmune, endocrinology, and oncology. Willingness to learn therapeutic areas you are not familiar with is great
- You are a creative problem solver interested in positively impacting each patient’s pharmacy experience
- You are an initiative taking individual contributor who can also promote teamwork and collaboration amongst colleagues
- You have a pharmacy technician, licensed practical nurse or similar licensure as may be required in the applicable state
- Pharmacy Technician registration or licensure in State of employment, national certification as CPhT is preferred
- You are located close to a major airport
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at House Rx offers the chance to work with a talented group of entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, and technology builders who are passionate about improving specialty care and making it easier for patients to access the medication that they need.
At House Rx, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll find a culture that supports open communication, embracing failure as a learning opportunity, and always being open to new ideas—no matter how radical. We are a remote-first company, however some pharmacy operations roles require onsite clinic presence. We’re committed to creating a positive and collaborative culture to achieve our mission, all while supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between.
In particular, we offer:
- 20 days paid vacation plus generous sick leave (read our philosophy on why this is better than unlimited PTO)
- Generous parental leave (20 weeks for birthing parents, 12 weeks for non-birthing parents)
- Home office allowance
- Comprehensive healthcare, vision and dental benefits
- Competitive salary and equity stake
We’re backed by forward-thinking investors committed to transforming healthcare, including Bessemer Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Khosla Ventures, Maverick Ventures, 1984.vc, and Character.
Expected Full-Time Base Salary: $75k - 85k
House Rx Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
House Rx Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
House Rx Founded Year
House Rx Total Amount Raised
House Rx Funding RoundsView funding details