Specialist, Intake - Synapse HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Specialist, Intake
- Job Location
- Hybrid - Easley, SC
- Job Description
Synapse Health | Who We Are
With the collective efforts of our epic team members, we’re trailblazing a new path in the DME industry. Synapse Health was founded in 2016 with a goal to fix the fractured DME ecosystem and completely transform the industry. Built on decades of industry and leadership experience, we’ve launched tech-based solutions that eliminate age-old DME headaches, resulting in a seamless experience for all. We are proud to offer work that matters, on a mission that matters.
What We Need
As a member of the Customer Connect Center (CCC), you will be the voice of the company as you interact with our customers. You will ensure that patients orders are processed in an accurate, timely, compassionate and respectful manner. As an Intake Specialist, your primary responsibility is to process incoming orders, ensure accuracy of the order, speak with ordering physicians if necessary and initiate timely delivery orders. It is vital that you thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace change as the company grows and continually improves systems and processes.
What You Will Do
- Receive and process incoming communications from various sources and handle or route them appropriately according to established guidelines.
- Utilize appropriate resources to determine if requests are in or out of scope and initiate intake of new order requests, obtaining patient demographic information, prescriber information and equipment requested where appropriate.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding Synapse Health and its service offerings.
- Work with a sense of advocacy and urgency to ensure that members’ needs are being met.
- Deliver a high-quality patient experience and meet the performance goals established for the position including: productivity, call quality, member satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient health information and adhere to HIPAA guidelines.
- Partner with the program leadership on escalated requests or questions.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours member requests.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What You Have
At Synapse Health we’ve intentionally built a culture of kindness, collaboration and creativity, and we consider those qualities to be table stakes for any new team member. In addition, this role requires:
- High school diploma or GED, required. Bachelor’s degree, preferred or relevant experience.
- At least 2 years' experience in the healthcare or durable medical equipment (DME) industry in customer service or other related experience.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and ability to learn department and job-specific software systems.
What Sets You Apart
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solution.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audience.
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Tech Savvy: Comfortable navigating, learning and adopting new technologies.
What Sets Us Apart
It’s no secret that most of us work to provide for ourselves and those we love, but just because we have to work, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it. In fact, at Synapse Health, we insist on it! We want our team members to thrive personally and professionally, which is why our benefits include:
- Professional growth opportunities with compelling career paths
- Healthy work-life balance culture with paid time off (PTO)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members
- 401K savings plan with employer contribution match
Synapse Health is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Synapse Health Headquarters Location
Synapse Health Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Synapse Health Founded Year
Synapse Health Total Amount Raised
Synapse Health Funding RoundsView funding details