Software Project Manager - ApptronikView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Project Manager
- Job Location
- Austin, TX
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robot designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, to walk like humans do, and to dexterously manipulate objects with its hands and upper body.
You will be a key contributor to the software organization. You will lead software projects for our team of engineers developing a general purpose, humanoid robot. In this role, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of the software, establishing project plans, and ensuring software is delivered on time and within budget. You’ll be a key bridge between engineering teams, aligning the software development with hardware delivery and ensuring successful handoffs and coordination between teams.
- BS in Engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, or related engineering discipline) preferred
- 2+ years software project management experience with a focus on agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle
- Ability to manage highly complex projects across diverse teams
- Excellent written and oral communication in highly technical applications
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with production software deployments to edge hardware and to cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and tools like git, bitbucket, Ansible
- Working knowledge of project management tools (Atlassian stack: Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of business software tools (Microsoft office suite, etc.)
- Curiosity, Humility, Integrity, Passion, Creativity
Nice to Have
- Experience with robotics applications (e.g. SLAM, Motion Planning and Control, Autonomy, etc)
- Experience with Edge compute hardware and applications
- Experience with deploying machine learning or AI-based software deployments
- MBA or other master’s level education
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Hybrid work schedule (i.e. work from home in some capacity)
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Apptronik Headquarters Location
Apptronik Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Apptronik Founded Year
Apptronik Total Amount Raised
Apptronik Funding RoundsView funding details