Software Engineering Manager - Banyan InfrastructureView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineering Manager
- Job Location
- 303 2nd Street, Suite 500N, San Francisco, California, United States
- Job Description
Banyan Infrastructure’s mission is to unlock capital for renewable infrastructure. We're the fintech solution serving a trillion dollar market by enabling banks and funds globally to invest in sustainability and net-zero targets.
Why consider this opportunity?
Banyan is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineering Manager to help our software development teams work effectively and efficiently, producing high-quality software that meets business requirements and customer needs. This is an opportunity to directly influence the success of individual developers and Banyan's wider engineering organization.
Our team is made up of bright, mission-driven individuals. We are passionate about using technology to solve real-world problems. We value learning, curiosity, and collaboration. Start-up life is fast-paced, exciting, and always evolving. We strive to build a supportive team that values difference and is always willing to lend a hand.
This role reports to our VP, Engineering and works a hybrid weekly schedule (3 days in office/2 days remote) with the flexibility to adjust on an ad hoc basis.
What you’ll do:
- Lead one or more engineering teams by setting goals and priorities and ensuring alignment between team members
- Hire and train team members, including establishing career goals, identifying training needs, and providing opportunities for growth and advancement
- Provide technical guidance and advice to team members by establishing best practices and performing code and architecture reviews
- Continually improve the software development process
- Communicate with other stakeholders, including product, customer success, executive leadership, and sales
- Collaborate with other teams to build product vision and strategy around areas of responsibility
- Stay hands-on in our code base and development practices by authoring code in areas of responsibility
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering
- Experience in one or more programming languages that would allow you to qualify as a senior (above entry-level) developer
- Three years in technical leadership roles (team lead or manager)
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts, build consensus, and lead teams through areas of resistance
- Track record of motivating and inspiring team members to achieve unexpected results
- Ability to communicate technical matters to non-technical audiences
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Passion for Banyan's team, market, product, or mission
- Support for Banyan's core values: helpfulness & collaboration, intellectual curiosity, and continually raising the bar of excellence
- Experience with technologies in our stack: Java JPA, Spring Boot, Vue, Quasar, AWS S3
- Experience working with any SQL database systems
- Prior experience with SaaS, financial services, FinTech or ClimateTech a plus
We are unable to provide H1B visa sponsorship for this role.
How we’ll support your growth and success:
- Opportunity to lead the first level of hands-on management in the engineering function and grow as the organization expands
- Close collaboration with the founders, executives, and cross-functional teammates
- Opportunities to develop cutting edge industry expertise in fintech and climate tech -- learn the ins and outs of capital markets, financial products, and the technologies that drive the sector’s innovation
- A collaborative and supportive team of smart, passionate people who are all focused on a common goal
Compensation: $175,000 - $205,000 DOE
Our benefits package is designed to allow team members to be their best selves, in and out of the workplace. In addition to top tier health plans, at work meal offerings, and fitness benefits, we prioritize your well-being and growth through professional development, parental leave, a flexible time off policy, and flexible work. Our headquarters is centrally located between Bart and Caltrain in San Francisco, CA.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology. Our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel valued and respected. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work. Banyan is an equal opportunity employer.
Banyan Infrastructure Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Banyan Infrastructure Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Banyan Infrastructure Founded Year
Banyan Infrastructure Total Amount Raised
Banyan Infrastructure Funding RoundsView funding details