Software Engineer (Synthetic API) - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer (Synthetic API)
- Job Location
- Remote Poland
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
Affirm’s risk decisioning business logic - e.g. should we allow a user to sign up? Can we underwrite them? Are they a fraudster? - is increasingly complex and difficult to test given the amount of real world data it relies on and number of products it serves. The Test Platform team’s mission is to make end to end consumer risk testing seamless and give teams confidence to launch new features and verticals without regressions.
You’ll accelerate and empower Engineering and Product at Affirm and have an impact on our customers by preventing outages and defects. Our team is growing and looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help build a full stack test platform to enable teams to move faster. Come join us!
What You'll Do
- Delivers projects in conjunction with immediate teammates and occasionally other Engineering teams.
- Drives detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Reviews other’s code and designs and provides constructive feedback to meet our high quality standards.
- Provides input into planning for our product, code base, infrastructure, team goals, and roadmap.
What We Look For
- Experience: 1,5+ years as a Backend Engineer (Python experience is a plus).
- Technical: solid engineering fundamentals; backend experience.
- Strong internal consumer focus - listening to engineering and product manager needs and following through is a must
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,842 - 20,725 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds