Software Engineer (SWE2) "Decision Pipeline" - [Remote US or CAN] - Abnormal SecurityView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer (SWE2) "Decision Pipeline" - [Remote US or CAN]
- Job Location
- Remote - USA
- Job Description
About Abnormal Security
Users and companies are constantly under attack but Abnormal Security’s team and patented, ML-first approach is redefining email security for the next generation. Our incredible team needs your help to keep ahead of the evolving threats facing the world. We tackle critical challenges using novel approaches and modern technologies that help make the world a safer place.
Call us Abnormal, but tackling impossible problems takes partnership with customers. By listening to what they want we can build them what they need to stop adversarial cybercrime. It also means our customers love what we build for them because it solves the problems that matter to them! And, of course, it is beautiful to look at and easy to use and administer!
But it’s not just our products; we are Abnormal too.
We’ve combined some of the best talent in the world with serially successful & passionate leadership, which gives us the ability to tackle complex challenges, build incredible things, and experiment and iterate quickly! Then, we empower our people to take ownership of complex end-to-end problems in a culture that supports and rewards them.
Come see what’s so great about being Abnormal!
Our “Detection Decision & Control” team is looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to join their newly formed team, who will have high-ownership opportunities to build the critical & pragmatically impactful "attack"/"no attack" systems the very center of our capabilities. This role will tackle novel (& adversarial) problems with a unique blend of challenges in scale, performance, accuracy, and impactful mission to support!
In this role you will:
- Build and implement systems to enable coupling machine learning, rule-based systems, and business and product inputs into an email detection product
- Build systems with an eye towards analytics and clarity
- Take first-principles approaches to build flexible & testable systems
- Work with a strong team of Software and ML Engineers to build critical production solutions for customers
Team & Work Summary:
This Detection Decision & Control team (itself a sub-team of our core “Message Detection” team) serves the “attack/no-attack” decisions that both protect our customers AND provide the outputs utilized by teams across ML & Security.
Our Detection Engineering team builds the systems that actually detect and mitigate complex, often socially-engineered and adversarial, email-based attacks that target our customers. Composed of a litany of big tech and security veterans alike, this team has created our completely novel and industry disruptive functionality that continues to exceed what customer’s even thought was possible from their email security provider.
To Qualify, you'll need:
- To live and work in the US or Canada
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science (or similar)
- Be comfortable working in production-quality systems using Python
- Have approximately 2-5 years of professional experience in building scalable, production systems
- Ability to design/architect & implement complex logic-driven systems
Types of backgrounds that have found success in similar roles here at Abnormal:
- Engineers working on Search, Recommendation, or Ranking systems
- AdTech Software Engineers building Ads Running or Serving systems
- Engineers coming from similar teams in Fraud, Trust & Safety, or other related fields
- Quant/FinTech Engineers building critical decision-driven systems
We’re on a serious mission to “protect the internet” and we’re adamant that building a great team will help us build a great product AND a great company! In addition to ensuring our compensation packages and benefits remain compelling to the caliber of talent we hire - we also seek to provide both clear career and personal growth opportunities. We’ve built a diverse and inclusive team that values the contributions and voice of all team members, which is why so many of us love working here. Let’s chat about our team and opportunities - we’d love to show you just how GREAT being “Abnormal” can be!
Abnormal Security Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Abnormal Security Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Abnormal Security Founded Year
Abnormal Security Total Amount Raised
Abnormal Security Funding RoundsView funding details