Software Engineer (SPM - KE Infra) - Abnormal SecurityView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer (SPM - KE Infra)
- Job Location
- Remote - USA
- Job Description
Abnormal Security’s Posture Management & Knowledge Base team is building a suite of products that will allow customers to more easily view, manage, and respond to cyber-security threats.
Enterprises have thousands of users, documents, vendors, applications and many other entities, with the total number exceeding millions for the large companies. IT administrators today need to:
- Ensure all of these entities have the right configurations to avoid security vulnerabilities.
- Scan the activity history when there’s an incident that requires investigation.
- Navigate complicated relationships to identify the root causes for exposures.
Today, customers deal with these hurdles by reconciling massive amounts of (incomplete) information from disjointed consoles and using other manual tools, but no solution provides a centralized environment to make the necessary information available and actionable. That’s where we come in...
Our newly-formed team is looking to add a Backend Engineer, who will help lay the foundation of our future Knowledge Base product suite.
Ownership and Responsibilities:
- Build the storage layer that is going to be used by 6 new products we’re launching in the next 12 months, which will need to support hundreds of millions rows along with configurable search & filter functionality.
- Drive end-to-end execution for mid-sized projects while working along-side product engineers to determine requirements and facilitate team discussions
- Mentor junior backend engineers
- Support launched products and features by debugging and fixing problems in existing solutions
- Participate and influence backend engineering interviews to help grow our team
Background/Expertise of someone who might thrive:
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare opportunity to build and launch a new product alongside other world-class engineers, many of whom have founded and/or built successful companies.
- A web enthusiast who is excited by infrastructure, data storage & process, and scaling challenges.
- Someone with a growth mindset who is excited to work on a moonshot product that is a bet for the future of our company. Ideally you are diligent and detail-oriented.
This position is not:
- A team lead or management position - although, we do believe everyone leads by example and we’d like to develop individual growth paths to support your long-term goals
- A stepping stone into a Machine Learning engineer role
- A contract position (full-time applicants only)
- A research-based role - you must have experience working on backend production systems that have large databases (TBs/100M+ rows) and/or microservice architectures.
- Production experience with one of the following backend programming languages
- Preferred: Go or Python
- OK: Java, Scala, C#
- Comfortable with test-driven development working as part of a large organization divided by standardized interfaces.
- 2+ years of backend-heavy web development experience
- Preferred Framework Expertise:
- Postgres, Elastic search, Kafka
- Language: Python, Go, Typescript
- Platform: AWS (Azure in the future) through Terraform, Docker, ECS
- Frameworks: Django, Celery, React
- Storage: MySQL, Postgres, Parquet, Redis
We offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a truly special team (we have 4.9 stars on both Glassdoor and Gartner Reviews). Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. Our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
- You can learn more about all of our careers and benefits and what makes Abnormal, well, Abnormal, here!
Our interview process usually starts with a casual call with one of our recruiters who wants to make sure there is alignment, so don’t worry about trying to be perfect before you apply!
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Abnormal Security Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Abnormal Security Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Abnormal Security Founded Year
Abnormal Security Total Amount Raised
Abnormal Security Funding RoundsView funding details