Software Engineer - Roboticist / Autonomous Vehicles - Applied IntuitionView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer - Roboticist / Autonomous Vehicles
- Job Location
- Mountain View, California, United States
- Job Description
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the RoleWe are looking for an experienced autonomous vehicle software engineer and roboticist who can contribute to the overall development of autonomous systems on multiple platforms.
At Applied you will:
- Support design decisions on software architecture based on industry best practices in autonomous technology development
- Work with domain experts to support implementation of key components of the required system from perception to controls
- Work with customer teams to design deployments to target hardware
- Guide autonomous platform verification and validation strategies to ensure system quality
We're looking for someone who has:
- MS or PhD in robotics or a closely related field
- 2+ years of experience in autonomous vehicle system design including familiarity with different technologies and tradeoffs involved in selecting options
- 2+ years of experience developing and shipping AV software
- Expertise with more than one system module (e.g. perception, planning, prediction) to effectively contribute towards building that capability
Nice to have:
- Experience using simulation tools to support AV development
- Expertise in methods and tools for engineering design, verification, and validation
- Experience integrating common vendors of AV technology
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Applied Intuition Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Applied Intuition Founded Year
Applied Intuition Funding Rounds