Software Engineer - RabbitView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
rabbit inc. is an AI company developing a personalized operating system through a natural language interface. Our key technologies speed up multimedia language model applications by an order of magnitude and enable real-time, application-programming-interface-free agency on any platform. We are focused on developing a dedicated hardware device for our operating system, which will be one of the first of its kind.
We are a small, fast-moving team based in Los Angeles. We are well-funded and backed by Khosla Ventures, led by Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Sun Microsystems.
At rabbit, we believe that the best way to realize the value of cutting-edge research is by creating delightful, end-user-oriented experiences with taste. We pride ourselves on being uniquely positioned to capture the opportunities during this technology renaissance with our product focus. Our team has created mature software, hardware, and designs that have impacted millions of people, making us one of the few capable of all components of the vertically integrated chain.
Our Core Values
We value individuals with:
- a deep curiosity about technology
- out-of-the-box problem-solving skills
- an understanding of building and operating complex systems in production
- an obsession with customers and crafting experiences
- a sense of responsibility and teamwork
About The Role
We are looking for software engineers for the following team:
Cloud: The cloud team at rabbit is responsible for building the core systems of kernel™ and rabbit™ across various cloud platforms. The team has built a general containerized environment for understanding user intentions, decomposing software interfaces, and imitating human-to-machine interaction (rabbit™). To support this, the team has also created an end-to-end platform for real-time, multimedia infrastructure for large models (kernel™). The team works to ensure that our cloud infrastructure is scalable, resilient, secure, and easily integrable with many clients, ranging from our hardware prototype and companion applications in browsers and desktops to our partner ecosystems.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will look like:
- Monitor and maintain the health of our Kubernetes clusters.
- Optimize kernel™ response latency across clients and geographical regions.
- Develop the internal framework for creating and managing rabbits™.
- Integrate machine learning services into our core system.
- Develop software clients for kernel™ and rabbit™ and collaborate with the device platform team on server-client protocols.
We’d love to see you comfortable with:
- Working with various backend languages, such as Python and TypeScript (Node.js), and with frontend technologies such as HTML5 and/or React.
- Applying database technologies, including SQL, MongoDB, etc., and data modeling principles.
- Writing concurrent, asynchronous, and parallel applications.
- Working with virtualization technologies and at least one of the major cloud stacks (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Building scalable and resilient systems.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Claude, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with observability platforms like Grafana.
- Experience with real-time communication protocols, and/or Voice over IP.
This role is based in our Los Angeles headquarters. However, we may consider remote candidates in exceptional circumstances.
Compensation And Benefits
The annual salary range for this role is $100,000 - $150,000. The final package may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. Based on eligibility, rabbit offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, PTO and other employee benefits.
At rabbit, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Rabbit Headquarters Location
Rabbit Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Rabbit Founded Year
Rabbit Total Amount Raised
Rabbit Funding RoundsView funding details