Software Engineer - Platforms - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer - Platforms
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals from different cultures that help each other do remarkable things every day and across time zones. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Ebay, Etsy, Uber, Netflix, GoFundMe and Spotify.
We are looking for software engineers who have high availability, resilience, and security in mind while they’re creating state-of-the-art solutions. Our engineering teams in the Chicago Tech Hub focus on designing, implementing and scaling solutions for platforms such as marketplaces, SaaS platforms, on-demand platforms, crowdfunding platforms etc.
We give platforms the ability to manage their global payments ecosystem in one place through API integrations or by using our hosted onboarding solution. They can run onboarding, verification and compliance processes for various markets, process payments and trigger faster payouts and bank transfers in all preferred currencies.
What you’ll do
- We launch fast and iterate often. Concretely, this means that within your first few weeks, you will bring code live that impacts many merchants and shoppers.
- You will be fully responsible for projects from initial design to bringing the new functionality live.
- Your code will be used at scale and you have to think in that mindset when building features.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
Who you are
- Familiar with complex distributed systems
- You are flexible, a team player, someone with an eye for detail.
- Able to take ownership and lead a project.
- You have great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java, Web Services (RESTful, SOAP)
- Experienced in creating performant SQL queries and table structures in PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Open to some domestic and international travel
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Adyen is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds