Software Engineer, Online - 31st UnionView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Online
- Job Location
- València, Valencia, Spain
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
31st Union is looking for an Engineer to design, develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
- Implement solutions to synchronize gameplay systems between multiple players
- Analyze bandwidth and CPU usage in network systems
- Understand existing network code and improve/reimplement/scale as necessary
- Mask latency in game systems by various means
- Improve network code resistance to cheating and security exploits
- Work on related online features, such as matchmaking, telemetry, stat reporting, replay
- Debug/analyze issues in scenarios where multiple clients and servers interact
- Make networked gameplay systems resilient to packet loss, duplication, reordering, latency spikes etc.
- Work with designers and gameplay programmers to establish guidelines and best practices for developing in an online environment
- 5+ years of programming experience in a creative environment
- Experience developing for games; preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Experience working on core gameplay systems and/or AI
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with non-technical disciplines
- Expertise in C / C++
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Able to work and communicate in proficient English
- Must be EU Citizen
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
31st Union Headquarters Location
San Mateo, CA
31st Union Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
31st Union Founded Year